This is intolerable

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by agras01, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Expect to lose for several years before getting a handle on yourself. Also, \why do you need to daytrade if you are successfully swing trading? Diversify, swing trade, and spend your day doing somehting useful.

#11     Feb 10, 2004
  2. simsim

simsim

Try to learn not to trade when you are not sure or are hesitant.

Try to walk away from your desk when u are impulsive.

#12     Feb 10, 2004
  3. well my friend who starts daytrading the qqq or spy or klac. so you basicly picked the hardest stocks which the biggest players focus on. you should lose why not trade stuff that you can handle. look at mid cap or small cap stocks.

#13     Feb 10, 2004
  4. How about suggesting some stocks to him.

-Fast

#14     Feb 10, 2004
  5. Learn one setup and trade nothing but that one setup - trade it inside and out - til the cows come home. Always use a protective stop. Learn it inside and out. Then add another setup.

You could always use two accounts - one for swing trading and one to explore daytrading.

Good luck!

#15     Feb 10, 2004
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

amen

#16     Feb 10, 2004
  7. why don't i find him pussy too. you serious just because i like a stock does not mean he can trade it. my point to him is find something alot easier to start out with.

#17     Feb 10, 2004
  8. I have been trading for about the same time frame. I started the first week of November.

I wish I was only down $1500. Unfortunately, I am down that times ... a lot.

I have had a number of "gut checks," too many to count really. My most recent was this past weekend where I gave serious thought to either taking some time off or quitting for good.

The truth is I am not ready to give up. I really want to be a consistently profitable trader and realize that I need to give this my fullest effort.

Losing sucks, no doubt about that. The only insight that I can offer is that $1500 is not that much money to lose. I have lost that in a day. If it is to you, than you do need to consider quitting. But $1500 is less than 5% from where you started.

Take a break, even a day.
    Consider trading a simulator until you can regain your confidence.
    www.cybertrader.com has a decent simulator.
    Trade something else. QQQ, SPY and NASDAQ have always been tough for me to trade.
    You have got to gain some confidence.

You are the only reason you are losing. Figure that riddle out and you will be the only reason you are winning.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide.

#18     Feb 10, 2004
  9. It has been tough lately even for the best.

What I have noticed is that we (most of us on this board) seem to be happy and depressed at the same times.

Hmmmmmmmm.....

I wonder why that is.......

Any thoughts?

#19     Feb 10, 2004
  10. BSAM

BSAM

No offense Brandon, but I'd advise him to wait somewhere from three to five years to start bitchin'.:cool:

Durango Kid......Do what you please/can afford, but after reading your post, only one thing comes to my mind for you: Stop trading immediately! You've lost HOW MUCH since the first week of November??? :eek:

#20     Feb 10, 2004