This is How You destroy World High Inflation

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Prescription drugs kill some 200,000 Americans every year.

http://www.whale.to/a/dean.html

Medicines is massive business worldwide. "The doctor is to be feared more than the disease."----Latin proverb

#11     Apr 17, 2011
  2. No it won't. The US has some of the best farmland in the world and some of the best resources to produce food. The US WILL NEVER have a food crisis. At least not in my lifetime. People greatly underestimate the natural resources that America has when they preach doomsday claims.

#12     Apr 17, 2011
  3. Think of the world with 192 countries. The world is a global village thanks to technology.

#13     Apr 17, 2011
  4. Many in the world already have a food crisis. In fact...hundreds of millions to billions currently already do and have for centuries. What's new here?

#14     Apr 17, 2011
  5. The world will catch Fire someday if the centuries old food crisis is not eliminated as soon as possible.

#15     Apr 17, 2011
  6. No offense...but you sound like those same people that compare the fall of the Roman Empire to the "impending" doom of America since "all empires must fall". The Roman Empire lasted for over 500 hundred years. Does that mean then that the American empire will last for another 300 years as well making those claims of impending doom null and void since we're going to compare apples to apples?

Why will the world "catch fire soon" if a problem that has existed for centuries has not been solved?

If anything, I'd argue that modern times have actually reduced the number of starving to historically low levels compared to history. If you want to compare the history of humans over hundreds of thousands of years, the availability of food today due to those same technological advancements is more readily available then ever before in history. So if the number of starving increases, what all of a sudden makes it a historic event considering how food supplies have advanced over the last hundred or even 30 years?

I'm always amazed at how people seem to either have short memories or a lack of knowledge on history when proclaiming doomsday events. Humankind has gone through thousands and thousands of catastrophic events, and yet, empires and civilization still progresses.

There's only two events that will stop the progression of humans. Either a worldwide destructive event such as an asteroid, or a complete using up of resources before moving to an alternative energy source. Sorry...but your list of supposed doomsday events just don't scare me compared to a mount Everest sized asteroid. :D

#16     Apr 17, 2011
  7. toc

toc

Infact world food prices are on rise because population and consumption are increasing more rapidly than the current production.

That is one area of growth potential for countries like Russia, Brazil, Canada to add agricultural sector as a main export engine to their economies. Russia and Canada enjoy both vast land and those too with very fertile soils.

Global rise in food prices is a point of concern. Add to that the bio fuel focus by countries like Brazil and higher meat consumption (animals eats lots more than humans) .............. the world should be ready to pay quite a bit for tasty potatoes and a bowl of corn with butter.

World Billionaires should invest in food technologies more than anything else for sustained long term returns.

:D :cool: :p

#17     Apr 17, 2011
  8. A bull elephant weighing 7 or 8 tons eats 300 kg food per day. That is 3% or 4% of body weight food eaten per day.

A 300 kg Lion eats 10 kg food per day. That is 3% of body weight.

A 100 kg man eats 3 kg food per day. That is 3% of body weight.

#18     Apr 17, 2011
  9. The information/statements that I post in Elitetrader is worth $1 Trillion to $10 Trillion. So Bearice is worth atleast $1 Trillion.

Correct me if I am wrong?

#19     Apr 18, 2011
  10. Has it helped HFT firms generate $10 Trillion?
    Has it helped insider traders generate $10 Trillion?

#20     Apr 18, 2011