This is how the troops are supported???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Summary: Incompetent/uncaring soldiers mishandled a fellow G.I., so somehow this is Bush's fault.

#11     Feb 8, 2006
  2. Allow me to rephrase:

There you have it.

A supply officer makes a mistake, and ZZZZzzzzzzz fallaciously implies that the military as a whole couldn't give a shit about its troops.

Your welcome!

#12     Feb 8, 2006
  3. Yeah, there is more there, i.e.:

This really is "The Army's" fault. It is the fault of some bureacratically inept Captains or Majors in this guy's unit. In the Army, you are supposed to "Write off" this kind of thing with a document called a Statement of Charges. It wartime you can write off a 3 Million Dollar tank with the signature of a LTC so I don't know why this didn't get settled long ago.
    Posted by: RobertSeattle on February 08, 2006 at 05:44pm

I heard they had to pay for the flight over there too! those bastards...

This was a clerical error, the soldier involved understands what happened, but obviously none of you seem to care about the circumstances. The paperwork didnt get filled out, plain and simple. Nobody tried to screw this guy over. Should they have taken his word? maybe, but that doesnt appear to have been an option. You have a lot to bitch about, why waste it on issues that arent really issues?
    Posted by: AlWishes on February 08, 2006 at 06:11pm

I'm sure this is just an anomaly. The kid will get his money back, so no harm done.
    Posted by: HumanAnimalHybrid on February 08, 2006 at 07:37pm

You see!!!! You see!!!! George Bush's daughters should be drafted. We would all be much happier if something terrible happened to them.

Neocons are dumb. Moonbats are smart. New Orleans should ask Al Queda for aid. That would show Bush!

It would be great if something terrible happened to all of us, that way we can say SEE!!! Those Bushpig, neocons destroyed everything good in the world. They are so mean.
    Posted by: meyers on February 08, 2006 at 07:40pm

Faith- This story isn't on the front page of every newspaper because anyone who does some research on it will see it for what it really is. A stupid snafu caused by some jackass bureacrat(like RobertSeattle said). It isn't due to some kind of institutionalized effort to screw the troops. Believe me, I've been in the Marine Corps for 14 years and the gear we have now is a thousand times better than it was 4 years ago. Up until 2002, we were still using Vietnam era sleeping bags, h-harnesses, boots and heltmets. Everything is different now, except for one thing...the ineptitude of pencil pushers. The LT will get his money back and hopefully someone will track down the idiot responsible and demote him out of the service.
    Posted by: jake106 on February 08, 2006 at 07:42pm

This has nothing to do with the current administration. When I was medivaced from Iraq all of my equipment disappeared. I did not have to pay anything. I even got stuff replaced before I was discharged from the hospital. The LT's problems are usually caused by an individual that has an axe to grind.

Furthermore, I am sure that this could have been straightened out rather easily without needlessly creating a media scandle.
    Posted by: brgotn on February 08, 2006 at 09:32pm

There is nothing irregular about this. The soldier didn't want to wait for the report of survey, so they made him pay. This has nothing to do with war or evil Republicans. When I was trying to clear CIF in Germany, they told me the same thing, "well sir, if you're in a hurry to leave, you can just pay for your damaged equipment, otherwise, wait for the report of survey". If this guy had waited for the report of survey, he wouldn't have been charged. The Army has always been like this, if you break a machine gun in battle, YOU pay for it.

Welcome to amatuer hour, Huffpo. I have way better content on the blog I made in my spare time.
    Posted by: BushKilledLauraPalmer on February 08, 2006 at 09:50

#13     Feb 8, 2006
  4. Pabst

Pabst

If Katrina was all Bush's fault can't everything else be too?

#14     Feb 8, 2006
  5. An army supply POUGe blew chunks on this?

Holy fuck...never woulda guessed that....

#15     Feb 8, 2006
  6. Katrina was not Bush's fault, it was his handling of Katrina's aftermath that was a bungled mess. By the way, do you know where the VP was when the Gulf Coast was struggling just after Katrina... he was on vacation!!!!!!! :mad:

#16     Feb 9, 2006