this is how religion harms america

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Are you being serious? Do you really think Christians are against science? There is only one area of science that Christians disagree with secularists and thats a piece of science that really has no benefit whatsoever to mankind and thats time frames of when events happened. Christians accept every scientific LAW thats out there. Theories are up for debate. In fact...what causes advances in science is debating old & current theories.

Oh, Good job as usual in completely ignoring and not responding to what i said to you, by the way.

#11     Sep 24, 2010
  2. LOL!!! Nice ad hominem. Instead of refuting his argument, you just make a personal attack... LOL!!! Let me guess, are you a left winger?? ROFL!!!

BTW our decline in education came along with the federal dept of education. Before the dept of education states used to each have their own. States would compete with other states for higher scores. High scores compared to national and regional averages used to be a huge draws for companies looking to set up operations in a given area. Now most all the education sucks equally, thanks to the dept of education, and programs like 'no child left behind'. Thank you bloated federal govt...

btw, I haven't heard of any religious mandate against mathematics...

#12     Sep 24, 2010
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Yet another utterly useless federal agency that should be shut down.

Me neither now that you mention it.

#13     Sep 25, 2010
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm all for rational thinking. Problem is what's considered "rational" is often subjective. It's a human thing.

I grew up in a Baptist church as well. Now I only attend church for weddings and funerals. And despise having to attend either.

#14     Sep 25, 2010
  5. Hello

Hello

Rational thinking entails repeatedly, obsessively attacking religion, just because you dont believe in it?

#15     Sep 25, 2010
  6. Hello

Hello

Thats my call, either he got molested by a priest, or he is trying to justify his own homosexuality.....

#16     Sep 25, 2010