This Is How Much You Must Make To Join The "Top 0.001 Percent"

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Banjo, Feb 22, 2018.

1. JSOP

JSOP

True many people make less and still live there but you have to take note NY is a more dichotomous environment than places like Kansas where the gap between the affluent and the acceptable is more homogeneous. So yes happiness is a state of mind but in NY that state of mind for happiness has to be lot more accommodating. LOL

#11     Feb 23, 2018
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

It all depends. Access to amazing things NY has to offer is worth a lot. Another important reason some of the best doctors in the world should you need them.

#12     Feb 23, 2018
  3. toc

toc

Can you mention a few amazing things offered in NY that are not available in other cities.

#13     Feb 23, 2018
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

I can mention a quite a number of those things they are not available in Kansas for example (I mean all combined together) But the biggest draw down here is a rat race. And it is a rat race even for those making 1/2 a mil. Once your income goes over a mil, you start feeing quite comfortable, unless you are an idiot and waste it.

#14     Feb 23, 2018
  5. toc

toc

A city where someone making 1/2 mil is an ordinary vrs a city where 1/2 mil earning is a comfy king............it is not much difficult to make the right choice.

Not sure, but it seems most of the 1/2 mil jobs in NY are related to wall street. Other professions the rates and charges may only be 10% more than average other cities.

On ET itself, have read many threads/inputs regarding folks making $300K in Manhattan feel tight and even financially troubled.

#15     Feb 24, 2018
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Sounds about right, 300k living in a city
    won’t get you too far. Cost of living is too high.

A lot of those jobs are requiring you
    Living here.

#16     Feb 24, 2018
  7. Crazy, in Latin America 60K/year = very good live

#17     Feb 24, 2018
  8. ironchef

ironchef

I have no doubt but given the choice, I prefer SoCal to NYC.

#18     Feb 28, 2018
  9. Apples and oranges, but I’ll take the apples :)

#19     Feb 28, 2018
    Van_der_Voort_4 likes this.
  10. ironchef

ironchef

And I take the oranges, especially navel oranges. Sweeter.:finger:

#20     Feb 28, 2018