This is how I made my money. (Detailed methods reveiled)

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by e121c, Apr 5, 2012.

1. e121c

e121c

absolutely, this method is out the window for now. But it does work on downtrends as well, for in 2008 this strategy yielded the most returns and it was a massive down curve. This is just following the trend, if you catch it then you make money, if you don't then its just backtesting on a piece of paper.

#21     Apr 5, 2012
  2. Does yours?

-8% since inception in an up trending market....... :confused:

#22     Apr 5, 2012
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Hmmm...I take it you and your parents shared a lot of mutual love and respect, no?

#23     Apr 5, 2012
  4. promagma

promagma

Bowo you are confused. It is short for the day session, long overnight.

#24     Apr 5, 2012
  5. You dont long and short simultaneously, I think the OP worded it in a confusing matter but I understood what he said.

I think an apology is in order from the offending guys.

#25     Apr 5, 2012
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

that is normal he always has problems with reading comprehension. He even attacked a kid if he didn't get any handouts.

#26     Apr 5, 2012
  7. clacy

clacy

I read an article that analyzed data and concluded that if you would have been buying gold overnight and shorting during the day session you would have made a killing in recent years

#27     Apr 6, 2012
  8. e121c

e121c

These little "ghost methods" if you will exists everywhere in the market. You just have to learn to look in the right areas.

#28     Apr 6, 2012
  9. step 1: go long huge overnight expecting to profit next morning
    step 2: wake up next morning to find ES locked limit down b/c of black swan
    step 3: goog suicide hotline

#29     Apr 6, 2012
  10. d08

d08

Don't forget that you got lucky. Had you done the same from 2002 to 2004, you'd be scratching your head now; from 1992 to 1997 and you'd be crying now (I ran your strategy). Also this year, the strategy is a loser.
    Nothing wrong with dumb luck but I suggest you take the money and run (unless you develop something worthwhile).

#30     Apr 6, 2012