This is exactly how things are going to Play out, inside USA

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chiqou, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Quote from fkbsuhites:

If people actually read the Bible, they'd know Usury, ie paying exorbitant interest is a sin. Could you quote the verse that describes this sin? Who defines exorbitant? In the parable of the talents, the lazy servant was vilified for not at least earning interest with the money he was entrusted with

They'd know invading other nations under false pretext is a sin. Could you quote the verse that describes this sin? And invading under a true pretext is acceptable?

They'd know allowing corporations to put mercury in the drinking water is a sin.
    Could you quote the verse that describes this sin?

#41     Nov 26, 2009
  2. Chiqou

Chiqou

I've just read little bit about your history, your posts. You are notorious for side winding.
    Why don't you have a look at this video and make a post that is relevant and makes sense for a change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OT5uw1Fb_0

would that be too much to ask :)

#42     Nov 26, 2009
  3. Buy no stretch of the imagination am I knowledgeable in the arena of Cristian business ethics; past or present but your skirting the constraints of Islamic finance and that would be under the mandate of the AAOIFI.

#43     Nov 26, 2009
  4. Chiqou

Chiqou

#44     Nov 26, 2009
  5. You're a lousy dumb fk.

Try reading the Bible yourself or at least doing a rudimentary google search

Here, you lazy dumb fk. I did some of the work for you.

http://www.tentmaker.org/lists/UsuryScriptureList.html

#45     Nov 27, 2009
  6. I think this an interesting point, but it touches on a wider issue.

It is in the interest of the US government to devalue their currency in order to pay down debt with less valuable dollars, hence the repeated calls by US officials for a full float of the yuan- China being the largest holder of US debt with approximately $800 billion. The Chinese know this and effectively repegged in July 2008 after a limited float since July 2005.

Note also that several other large holders of US debt are similarly 'protected' by pegs, including some Oil Exporters (as a group the 4th largest holders with $185 billion), Hong Kong ($115 billion) and some of the Caribbean banking centres like the Bahamas (as a group $172 billion).

The UK is playing a similar game to the US in terms of screwing over its creditors by devaluing the pound, but, as an added twist, it is the third largest foreign holder of US debt with $249 billion. The massive money printing exercise undertaken by the Bank of England means that the pound has devalued against the dollar since the recession started, and thus the UK is repaid in relatively more valuable dollars- at least until 'helicopter Ben' decides to sweat his own printers more heavily.

Given all this currency manipulation, I think it is worth pointing out that 'government' interests are being served in all cases, rather that the public interest. In countries like the US and the UK, where fortunes have been squandered on bailouts and stimulus, vote-chasing politicians are furtively robbing the money out of people's pockets- via the currency inflation above- in order to avoid telling them harsh truths about the need to have balanced budgets. In countries like China, governments don't want to admit to the public that they made the naive error of lending a fortune to profligate western nations at what, in many cases, amounts to 0% financing. Currency pegs, in the desperate attempt to recover as much money as possible, stop the people in such countries from becoming wealthier: a stronger currency would purchase more goods, services and assets in the rest of the world.

#46     Nov 27, 2009
  7. Unfortunately the bible is a fairy tale so none of this matters.

#47     Nov 27, 2009
  8. Humpy

Humpy

The way UP to the top is positively simple

The way down the other side is fraught with difficulties

Maybe someone should ask the Afghans to stop beating the crap outa Empires

#48     Nov 27, 2009
  9. I doubt it. Another hopeless crank.

Do you realize how stupid you are and how little you know? Russia has many problems with the countries the gas and oil pipes go through. It is not a reliable energy provider.

Do you understand that debt is in itself not a problem and that it is China that has the problem, not the US and without the US, China has no future?

Of course, the S&P 500 is owned in totallity by the Canadians. Idiot.

#49     Nov 27, 2009
  10. I think Alexender in the post above had you pegged... Idiot :D

#50     Nov 27, 2009