This is exactly how things are going to Play out, inside USA

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chiqou, Nov 26, 2009.

1. As is the case for the US and Europe.

As Jim Rogers says (2th Rogers quote?) Marx must be dancing in his grave.

Winners will be the slumbs where billion of people live today without having a toilet of their own to take a dump on.

What do they care C just went bankrupt?

Kudos to them.

It's about time the playing field got leveled.

#21     Nov 26, 2009
  2. China has invaded Afrika as if they were David Livingstone themselves.

#22     Nov 26, 2009
  3. Good.

Wars have also ended depressions. India and Pakistan both have nukes, but i hope we don't go there.

#23     Nov 26, 2009
  4. Umm, they did.

I'll tell you how that turned out. Toyota, Nissan, and Honda took marketshare away from our big three. GM and Chrysler went BANKRUPT. FRIGGIN BANKRUPT. Cash for Clunkers showed our desperation to keep them somewhat afloat.

The issue with Japan however, is that it is an aging population with minimal resources. You can't just be good at one thing. (Manufacturing)

#24     Nov 26, 2009
  5. jprad

jprad

Not even close.

Everywhere you looked and every pundit you heard was talking about Japan, Inc.

It involved way more than the auto industry. It was consumer electronics, 5th generation computing, purchasing trophy properties in the US.

Sure, Japan's auto industry had grown to dominate the consumer car industry, but heavy trucks and related equipment, military vehicles?

BTW, Chrysler had to be bailed out back then, remember Lee Iaccoca?

Point is, unlike what the pundits were saying about the future, it didn't turn out to be anything as dire as was being said.

Japan grew for sure, but it overtake the US.

#25     Nov 26, 2009
  6. jprad

jprad

I'm pissed as hell about the bank and auto bailouts in the US.

But, when you compare it to what goes on in China it's not even close to the same degree of involvement in depth or breadth.

#26     Nov 26, 2009
  7. Who cares if oil and gas were there "before". "Before" there was not the same level of global demand, i.e., BRIC.

#27     Nov 26, 2009
  8. Illum

Illum

I am reminded of the Knights Templar. Everyone owed them large. So they said they were Satanic and executed them. There ya go no more debt. Central Bankers beware. lulz

#28     Nov 26, 2009
  9. AK100

AK100

Funny, I like that.

Or, how about the Canadians take back Alaska :)

#29     Nov 26, 2009
  10. Exactly...apparently people seem to overlook the "little fact" that the US is potentially the biggest producer of food, and also has perhaps the biggest supply of natural gas.

Yeah...the US has "no natural resources"...oh, except the only 2 that really matter at the end of the day. :D

#30     Nov 26, 2009