This is beauty!

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by padutrader, May 10, 2018.

1. padutrader

padutrader

in the chart below, there is a down move which in the end, broke the lower band [which is BB continuation signal],and then retraced to the moving average,which it tried to cross six times.....

This appears to be a perfect sell signal......but perfect does not exist,so what is wrong with this sell signal? beauty.png

2. Your own snapshot shows that you have a balance of $18.37, and that you lost $1.18, which is a loss of 6% of account equity. I don't understand what is so "perfect" about it.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  3. padutrader

padutrader

this is not about my account balance it is about technicals......

the question WAS what is WRONG WITH THE SELL SIGNAL?

but since you want to talk about my account balance

see this chart and tell me what percentage of my account balance is my P/L? I SUGGEST you focus on technicals and not some one's account/ net worth. do you think only the rich know how to trade beauty 1.png

4. pushpop

pushpop

TraderGOD Reply.jpg So, this is what I would have done, if I was to trade that. Sell once the red line once it is broken, which is the candle you are asking about, goal of green line and a stop of blue line. The risk/reward is not there for me to take this trade, but ultimately thats it

5. padutrader

padutrader

thanks for your input
    you are not seeing what i saw but that is okay.....

6. traderGOD, you are hemmoriging money. however that is spelled. stop, just stop. dont throw it all away.

7. padutrader

padutrader

i was hoping for something technical about the chart but the only comments are about my account size
    this is a forum to discuss trading technique i think but no one is discussing charts

8. tomorton

tomorton

What is the yellow arrow?

9. padutrader

padutrader

at last a question about charts:D

that yellow arrow was from a previous post

10. tomorton

tomorton

Not something I do but one way to generate sell signals off BB's is when price rebounds from the upper boundary and a bar closes below the mid-line, and there are several of these behaviours. If you trade off BB's I can't see anything wrong with taking these: a percentage prove really valuable, that's life.

#10     May 11, 2018