this is an interesting Area to post.. i wanna tell you guys a little bit about myself

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by cdcaveman, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Yea I think having a real life application to what you learn to play with helps me a lot
    ... that's good though I'll try tgat

#51     Aug 19, 2012
  2. Good point. This is what I have come up with then;

1) Read a chapter
    2) Re-read and make notes

After sufficient material has been covered,

3) Structure some theoretical trades using real data, eg if trading volatility craft 2 or 3 trades with different parameters
    4) Track outcomes daily to see how the theoretical basis plays out in real life

This should make for pretty effective learning.

#52     Aug 19, 2012
  3. stock does not bail you out either.
    if you know LEH in 2008
    EXM
    cwtr
    long lists.

normally 90% time, stocks can bail you out if you choose to wait. but you need consider the most important thing: how long

in 2000, qqq is 125, now it is 68.+, and we are struggling with 70.

s@p once was at 1800+, but we are at 1400+..

no, those guys 10yrs+ ago, they are still in deep water, how about another 10yrs, those guys may already die because they are hungry,

in the waiting period, you need foods right? you need shelter right?
    you figure it out!

#53     Aug 19, 2012
  4. option is the best tools, it can get you ahead of the game faster.
    why? the highest leverage, little money can be huge piles of money

my only suggestion is: do not use margin, that is a sure way to lose, since you are controlled by brokage's margin regquirement.

among the best options are those looks riskest: out of money options

you just need do one or two right thing, you are out of woods, and way above ordniary investors.

#54     Aug 19, 2012
  5. been working on my website ecommerce.. i have contract manufactured skateboard decks out of china for a while .. since i owned a skateshop.. and i'm looking to sell the business to raise more trading captial.. other then that tinkering withother website ideas...

Got my Tos account going.. i've put four trades in so far

all weeklys..short term hold and flip

BUY +1 BUTTERFLY GS 100 (Weeklys) AUG4 12 100/105/110 CALL @2.87

BUY +1 BUTTERFLY IBM 100 (Weeklys) AUG4 12 195/200/205 CALL @2.80

BUY +3 BUTTERFLY AAPL 100 (Weeklys) AUG4 12 670/675/680 CALL @.45

BUY +1 BUTTERFLY MA 100 (Weeklys) AUG4 12 425/430/435 CALL @1.00

the mastercard options are not very liquid.. grr...
    bettering on continuation on aapl..
    IBM just being a little bit of a slug for long enough for me to extract some premium
    MA was probably my problem trade because of the bid/ask spread is a bitch
    GS slight drift up and a little time is good for me :)

#55     Aug 20, 2012
  6. Voron77

Voron77

Hey caveman, did you manage to negotiate your commissions down? And you mentioned TD gave you only Level 1 options access. Did you convince them to bump it up?

#56     Aug 21, 2012
  7. They gave me the highest access ... and I have 60 free trades and I'm suppose to talk to them about the ticket fee on options trades

#57     Aug 21, 2012
  8. i traded out of the Vixy on one account i trade at a 1000 dollar loss.. calculating the roll cost its gonna cost me way to much to wait for volatility to increase... i should have researched this trade more..... i have the trade open in another account in which i'm locked up on PDT i can still close the trade and trade directly in the futures which i will most likely do

#58     Aug 22, 2012
  9. now i'm out of the vixy trade in all my accounts... wish i had done the reading nesscary to be on the other side of the term structure on that one! fuck.. basis was 32 dollars in.. sold out at 24.60 on 300 shares lost 7.40 cents on this trade! thats 23% grr ...

#59     Aug 22, 2012
  10. I'm thinking I ditched my vixy trade at the low... I'm gonna backspread for a credit that would profit similar to 300 shares

#60     Aug 23, 2012