this is an interesting Area to post.. i wanna tell you guys a little bit about myself

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by cdcaveman, Aug 8, 2012.

1. I was enjoying your thread. Give them a call, plead ignorance, and grovel. I heard they have discretion on this.

:cool:

#21     Aug 9, 2012
  2. You can trade spreads, combos and naked options on futures. Must have and maintain $2k.

#22     Aug 9, 2012
  3. i've already been looking into trading vix futures.. thanks guys.. but yea i'll call them back and beg for mercy.. it doesn't cost anything to do that..1

#23     Aug 9, 2012
  4. agate

agate

Hello cdcaveman, have you heard about <a href="http://www.1800approved.com.au/">loans calculators</a>, actually one of my friend told me about them.

#24     Aug 10, 2012
  5. Its quiet out there...vix15

Its either the quiet before the storm or I'm biased by my losing vixy trade... premium is supposedly to be cheap right.... its time to net buy premium are my thoughts... not a good time to put on condors on individual stocks or even the spy for that matter.. at least one would think... my butterfly that I put on yesterday is probably in a lot more profit.. I might have exited on fear instead of good decision... but that's probably my over aware negative self feeding into my frustration related to getting the pattern day trade trigger

#25     Aug 10, 2012
  6. I always wonder if those asymmetric triangles could be strike pinning related to high open interest strikes... I mean aapls gothigh interest at 620 on the weekly and the monthly that expires next week.... I'm sure a lot of dynamic hedging on the options sellers causes apple to move around when theres not a lot of volume from other types of trading

#26     Aug 10, 2012
  7. Here's an article to get the more evidence that I should probably continue to hold my position and maybe even a add so and maybe even add some calls to it

CBOE Volatility Index (.VIX) hit a morning high of 15.67, but slipped in afternoon trading and lost .04 to 15.28. The market's "fear gauge" recorded its lowest close in more than four months Thursday. The low reading from the volatility index comes amid a week of very quiet trading and low volume. In the VIX pit, for instance, 216,000 calls and 128,000 puts traded in the product. Total volume in the index market, which includes cash indices like the S&P 500 Index (.SPX), the S&P 100 Index (.OEX), and the NASDAQ 100 Index (.OEX), was 440,000 calls and 481,000 puts; which is only 77 percent the average daily volume, according to Trade Alert data. Institutional players typically turn to index puts to hedge portfolios during times of volatility, but there hasn't been much demand recently due to falling risk perceptions across global equity markets. However, that might soon change because the historically volatile months of September and October are not too far away.

#27     Aug 10, 2012
  8. Wow the vix is low... it makes sense to just buy straight up calls on it now.. and maybe even sell puts out towards oct nov..
    i had this theorietical trade of buying a straddle at the close on friday.. it didn't pin the strike at 620 exactly and i wasn't around anyway to buy it.. but it looks like on the open today the spike up would have put the straddle or even a strangle in decent profit...

By the way everyone i still have another account with approx ten grand in it at IB i am trading.. its just my personal account is locked up becaus of PDT

#28     Aug 13, 2012
  9. i've been modeling butterflys on Aapl all day.. its moved quiet a bit.. which i sort of thought it would on a monday after such a quiet few days into weekly opex.. but i'm not sure how to structure a trade now that its moved.. especially considering its only monday.. like it will likely move tommorrow and weds in some fashion.. i don't think today is a good day for a butterfly.. setting it to the side.. just my intuition talking here.. butterflys i have on my quote panel are

630/640/650=2.15
    625/635/645=2.85
    figuring you could slice off a double up on one these..
    max profit on a butterfly isn't realistic..

620/630/640=5.05
    This one has twice the outlay and alot less potiential considering the fact that apple will probably move more this week

still hating the fact that i can't just post the trade up for sale for one a great speculative gain in a day would be.. IE you make 10 percent then exit.. put it in as a day order.. can't do it because this triggers pattern day trade.

#29     Aug 13, 2012
  10. i'm thinking these gappy apple moves are so profitable.. i've seen options go from .50 cents to 25 dollars over night.. i don't think apple is quite there yet..

#30     Aug 13, 2012