This is a three ring circus in YM

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by myminitrading, Mar 2, 2007.

1. The action over the last few mornings is total manipulation buy a big firm, they are goosing this thing 100 points on 1000 lots. Dont tell me this is an accumulation of traders, bull its a large firm manipulating the index.

2. Dow stocks are 30 of the 500 in S&Ps.

No one is manipulating the Dow... 470 other S&P stocks are being pushed along with them by SP00S futures.

All indexes are moving in unison now. No more sector rotation, pushing jello around on a plate. We've got active markets moving in tandem thru genuine buy/sell pressure.

May it last forever!

3. its us at puretick doing it.. :)

Caj

4. romik

romik

what getting margin calls? :)

5. Mini - I hate to crack your manipulation theory, but it simply does not exist and Austin pointed out why.

Traders calling a market manipulated is another description for 1) I lost money and need to blame someone other than myself or 2) I sat & watched thousands of dollars trade and did not make a penny.

By your repeated threads about how terrible the markets are lately, I would strongly suggest you sit out, go take a vacation or do something other than trade. It feels like every day in the last week there is a new thread from you complaining about the action here recently. We get the point. It's time to adjust your trading methodology or don't trade volatile times.

6. Surdo

Surdo

What a fool!
    You expect people to take you seriously with comments like that?

el surdo

7. man, i have been LOVING this volatility.

losers complain about "manipulation"

the idea that 1000 lots is going to move the ENTIRE DOW COMPLEX 100 points is patently absurd.

here's a hint.

figure out the capitalization of GE, MO, etc. and try to understand how 1000 lots on the mini, which is merely $60 mill notional value could not move the dow that much

it's absurd.

the markets move by supply and demand. loser complain that the movements are "manipulated" when they miss a trade, or get caught on the wrong side.

8. whit - you and I are on the same page here, great job explaining!

9. Hacksaw

Hacksaw

whats wrong, La Surda? cant handle a bit of levity from people that gotta be dead serious and out front all week and grow a business. Leave the kid alone, got damit.

10. #10     Mar 3, 2007