This hurricane coming right at me. Supposed to be Cat 4 when it lands.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bugsy, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy

North Houston here.

[​IMG]

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Aw man, that sucks. Stay safe and keep us updated.

3. Bugsy

Bugsy

Will do thank you. Ike blew my fence down in 2007 so I'm somewhat used to these annual hurricanes. They still worry me when it comes to the flooding aspect though.

4. Arnie

Arnie

They're calling for 15' storm surge where it lands.
    I remember Camile in 1969. Wiped the coast clean, then went up and settled over the Appalachian mountains in western VA. Whole families were lost, never to be seen again. Many years later went on a canoe trip on the upper James and the guide pointed up into the trees and showed us tires and other debris still stuck in tree tops, easily 20' above the river.

I have a feeling this one is going to be really bad.

5. Bugsy

Bugsy

I may sound a bit cold hearted, but I'm always most worried for abandoned pets and animals. Last year some assclown just tied a leashed dog to a fence post. The water was a foot deep when someone spotted and saved it. Another guy created a makeshift boat to rescue animals. You wouldn't believe the amount of dogs and cats left behind by jackass owners. It infuriates me to no end.

Clubber Lang, themickey and Overnight like this.
  6. themickey

themickey

upload_2020-8-27_6-4-44.png

Not attempting to detract from it's severity, but on Windy it doesn't appear that large.

7. themickey

themickey

upload_2020-8-27_6-11-26.png

8. Overnight

Overnight

Good grief, evil mouse...He doesn't live in the middle of the Southern ocean! *smacks Mickey with a large trout*

9. Bugsy

Bugsy

This image is reminiscent of my early charting days when I first began using technical analysis before discovering less is more.

10. themickey

themickey

If yur wurried, keep yur surfboard handy.
    20200827_080045.jpg

#10     Aug 26, 2020