This Hedge Fund Manager Tries to Short Himself: Michael Lewis

Discussion in 'Trading' started by covered_call, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Mvic

Mvic

I have already heard the words "people like you" from a freind whom I warned in 2007 to go to cash. He didn't listen and now he is pissed that his 401K is about 1/3 of what it was. I don't talk about trading or the market to anyone anymore, I was telling everyone who I knew to get in to cash last year and if they didn't listen I don't want to know about their losses. The ones that come to me all sympathetic as though I too must have lost my shirt (so they can feel better about their losses I suppose) I just say I was busy with my other businesses and was lucky enough to be in cash because I wasn't able to devote my time to the market and that response gets me a pass. If I told the truth I would lose a lot of freinds right now.

#11     Oct 30, 2008
  2. What was interesting to me was that a few weeks ago, my systems started losing money for a couple of days. I realized that this was a bad sign and pulled out. The next day the market plunged and I've completely stayed out for the last few weeks. (I'm long only.) I think the market talks to you if you're willing to listen...

#12     Oct 31, 2008