this has got to be a blow off top

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Kicking, Dec 27, 2006.

1. 2006

I trade intraday -- so I don't give a shit what way the market goes. But I have to say this thing is a pig, it just goes up and up.

I personally don't like grind up days like this unless I can predict them. I got caught short on some size today and it was a little annoying. There are no sellers !!!

You have to go with the flow, lose or opinion or lose your money. It's that simple.

#21     Dec 27, 2006
  2. Or "profit taking" on a down day...

#22     Dec 27, 2006
  3. MattF

MattF

These bulls know no boundaries!

(until they hit the brick wall that is...beyond that they just plow ahead unabated)

I got caught badly trying to go a bit short in the ES; waited over an hour to at least try and minimize my losses, then a spike hit and my stop loss got hit which means I lost some more :( I was slightly up too until that point.

Oh well, out tomorrow, try again (maybe) on Friday....then at least some type of "normalcy" returns for the new year.

#23     Dec 27, 2006
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Seriously, how many guys on this thread have traded pre-2000? Be honest. You guys are acting like you have never seen a trending market before.

#24     Dec 27, 2006
  5. Oil is up, its a mild winter and interest rates are solid. Its time to get on the rally train. End of month/year and low holiday volume best time to buy.

#25     Dec 27, 2006
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Stock went out at 79.00 in AH. Poor kid, just can't get anything right (even when he goes long). :eek:

#26     Dec 27, 2006
  7. R0R! :D

#27     Dec 27, 2006
  8. There are plenty of sellers. I had no problem shorting MAMA and AAPL today.

#28     Dec 27, 2006
  9. I dont pretend to have a crystal ball but I agree with Maverick.

If I recall people were calling TOP on the dot com rally at the end of '96 after the S&P ( I dont pay attention to the dow ) has put in a 66% gain over 2 years ( which is more than we currently have ).

Well the rally just kept getting more and more powerful...going up for another 3 years for a total of 330% gain...right ?

We're currently at a ~100% gain since the rally began in early '03. We could have an awful lot further to climb...or not :)

For all I know we'll crash tomorrow..thats why i daytrade. My point is that anyone who calls the top is simply guessing lucky.

Heres a crazy thought...why not enjoy these gains and play the trend ?

#29     Dec 27, 2006
  10. I have started Nov 99.

#30     Dec 27, 2006