This guy should have a street named after him

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jun 15, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Kudos to the Texas legal system, for not charging this guy, every now and then justice is legitimately served....

Texas Dad Kills Pedophile 'Gonzales' Caught Molesting His Daughter

Submitted by Zach Lisabeth on Jun 11, 2012
    How far would you go to protect one of your children from a sex offender?

Just this week, A Texas man flew into a murderous rage when he caught a pedophile red handed with his four-year-old daughter.

The father’s name has not been released to protect the young victim’s identity. Authorities in Lavaca County, Texas, allege that he beat a 47-year-old pedophile (identified only as “Gonzales”) to death after he discovered the middle-aged sex offender on top of his daughter in a barn.

According to the police report, the father heard his daughter screaming from inside the family’s barn. When he went to investigate, he discovered Gonzales assaulting her. After pulling Gonzales off of the little girl, the father struck the pedophile over the head several times until Gonzales lost consciousness. According to Sheriff Micah Harmon (pictured above left), the man died at the scene.

The daughter, however, was taken to DeTar Hospital in Victoria, Texas, for evaluation.

The father has not been arrested for the murder of Gonzales; friends and relatives from his small Lavaca County Township have rallied around him for support. Friend and neighbor Mark Harabis said of the crime, “I agree with him totally. I would probably do worse. The family will have to deal with that the rest of their lives, no matter what happens to the father. Even if they let him go, he and his child will have to deal with that the rest of their lives.”

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/soci...ders-pedophile-caught-molesting-his-daughter#

2. Max E.

Max E.

CNN disparages Heroic father, further emphasizing the fact that Liberalism is a disease of the mind.....

CNN has, in their usual fashion, patronized rural America once more. In their coverage of the Shiner, Texas case where a rancher found a man attempting to sexually molest the rancher’s four-year-old daughter and beat the molester to death with his bare hands, CNN couldn’t resist the opportunity to lampoon such primitive behavior.

The report begins with the female reporter’s voice-over: “When you hear what happened in Shiner, this town will be known for more than just beer.”

Already the town is belittled for its championing of that “low-class” beverage. One wonders if the reporter would have reported on the same story from the Loire Valley in France: “When you hear what happened in Sancerre, this town will be known for more than just white wine.” Doubtful.

The news story continues with a local woman saying, “Everybody was talkin’ about the same thing, they would have did the same thing.”

Notice the choice of a woman whose grammar doesn’t quite measure up to people in the Hamptons. Obviously (according to CNN) any woman with grammar such as this is unqualified to pass judgment in this matter.

The voice-over continues: “We don’t know all the details of this case, but the people here say they know enough.”
    Delicious. Now the clear implication is we’re dealing here with a case of frontier justice. Why, those dumb folks down in Texas probably have a lynching every other Sunday. Where’s Judge Roy Bean?

Just to make sure we get their insinuation, CNN then shows a local grandmother saying, “He got what he well deserved, and you can say that nationwide.” Yup, us folks in Texas want everbuddy in the whole dang country to know we just love hangin’ em high!

Voiceover continues: “The sheriff of Lavaca county said the father ended up beating the man to death with his bare hands, and hasn’t been arrested.”

Then, on camera, the reporter asks the sheriff, “Do you think this father should be charged?”
    The sheriff pauses, then quietly says, “Let’s don’t ask that question.”

In case you still haven’t gotten CNN’s slant, here it comes.
    Voice-over: ”The people of Shiner don’t need a jury on this one.”
    Neither do we. In the case of the people of the United States v. CNN, CNN is guilty as charged.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/06/12/CNN-Mocks-Texas-Town

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

ALL the way.

4. Ricter

Ricter

Here is CNN's actual reporting, of the 5W variety:

"Shiner, Texas (CNN) -- Shiner is a place you can raise your cattle and chickens under the hot Texas sun, cool off with a bottle from the Lone Star State's oldest independent brewery, then go to bed knowing all your neighbors and believing that you'll be safe.

"But a few days ago, one of its trademark ranches turned into a crime scene. That's when a father spotted a man sexually assaulting his 5-year-old daughter, then beat the alleged abuser to death.

"In a community that prides itself as being peaceful, a place where things like this just don't happen, there is a sweeping consensus that justice was served.

"Any father would have done that," Michael James Veit, whose son graduated with the father from Shiner High School in 2007 and who now lives across the road from the ranch where the killing took place, said Thursday. "Everybody is saying the father is justified."
    Father kills man abusing daughter

"According to the Lavaca County Sheriff's Office, the 23-year-old father and his family were enjoying a barbecue last Saturday at their ranch on Shiner's outskirts where they keep horses and chickens.

"His young daughter had gone off toward the barn, to feed the chickens, the child's grandfather -- who isn't being named, to protect the identity of his granddaughter -- told CNN affiliates KSAT and KPRC.

"Then her father heard screaming and ran. He found a 47-year-old man in the act of sexually abusing his daughter, according to Sheriff Mica Harmon.

"The father stopped the alleged abuser, then pounded him repeatedly in the head.

"I jumped the fence and saw the man on the ground," the grandfather said of what he first saw. "At that point, I didn't know if he was dead or not."

"Authorities did, in fact, pronounce the alleged abuser dead. Lavaca County Precinct Judge Alene Lyons said Monday that a preliminary autopsy report shows he "died from blunt-force head and neck injuries," adding toxicology report results should be back in six weeks.

"Harmon described the victim as an acquaintance of the family, known for his horse-grooming abilities. He has not been publicly identified by authorities.

"The father himself called 911, telling them that his daughter's alleged abuser was lying, beaten, on the ground. Afterward, the sheriff said that the admitted killer appeared "very remorseful" and didn't know the other man would die at the scene.

"Asked whether authorities would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person. Once the investigation is completed, we will submit it to the district attorney, who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him."

"Neighbors portrayed the father as hard-working, friendly and polite, the type of guy who reliably addresses others as "Sir."

"He's not a violent guy. He's never been in any trouble in his life," Veit said of a man he described as a single father who worked nobly to make ends meet. "He's a good, honest, hard-working kid."

"Most any violence is unexpected in Shiner, a community between Houston and San Antonio that has about 2,000 people within its city limits and another 1,500 or so on its outskirts, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

"Billing itself as the "Cleanest Little City in Texas," Shiner is known for the Spoetzl Brewery, a wire and plastics company, not to mention its acres upon acres of plains and farms. Veit calls it "a small-town community," filled with folks who may not be wealthy but who work hard and look out for one another.

"Nothing ever happens. There's never any murders here," Veit said. "Everybody knows everybody and gets along with everybody. (This killing) is a real big shock."

From what I've seen of the various news outlets, you have the front page, where traditional reporting is done, and then you have the opinion pages. Even Fox, the so-called most biased of them all, has a quite ordinary looking front page that basically reports the same news the other sites do.

5. A Time to Kill...

Of course, the protagonist may not be to your political bent.

6. jem

jem

I am telling you I just pictured walking into a barn and seeing that and I shook. I have never felt like this and its not even my daughter.

I have a two and half year old daughter.
    I can't even write about this without feeling emotions I have never felt before. That dad is still pissed. I can't even imagine how that Dad must feel and the poor girl.

I used to be a single guy with no desire for kids. I would look at what I am writing now and tell the guy to get over himself.... but

If you don't have a little daughter who runs around happy and looks at you for love and protection... you probably do not understand the visceral reaction.

7. Well, CNN's slant isn't too slanted (before you pop off, please note that I am not defending CNN, just trying to see if there is merit in their perspective). They refer to the pedophile as the "alleged abuser." I guess there was no proof (besides what the father saw) that the dead pedophile was abusing the daughter, until of course, the girl was taken to the hospital and examined.

In the first article posted, it says:

"Authorities in Lavaca County, Texas, allege that he beat a 47-year-old pedophile (identified only as “Gonzales”) to death after he discovered the middle-aged sex offender on top of his daughter in a barn.

Was Gonzales a sex offender prior to this offense or are they referring to this incident? If he was a sex offender prior to this, I find it obnoxious that CNN repeatedly refers to him as the "alleged" abuser.

However, note that CNN does not say anything about the investigation of Gonzales. Regardless of the man being charged for defending his daughter, should there be an investigation of Gonzales?

8. Max E.

Max E.

You are one seriously demented individual.....

9. What part is demented? Did you even read what I posted? Are you capable of responding to specific points?

10. Ricter

Ricter

The part where you tried to reason. Max wasn't there but he nevertheless already knows precisely what happened. That CNN also used the word "alleged" for the father tells me that there is still some "innocent until proven guilty" going around, but as Max already knows all the facts of the incident it's clear you are only defending pedophilia.

#10     Jun 18, 2012