This guy says futures are a failure

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by SoesWasBetter, Jan 1, 2018.

1. sss12

sss12

The more BTC corrects, the more prickly the noobs get.

#71     Jan 15, 2018
    i960 likes this.
  2. I see carnage. last coin out is a wooden nickle

get it

[​IMG]

#72     Jan 15, 2018

3. Apparently everyone here bought low. The mkt cap of all the claimed holdings of btc on ET is 1,7 TRILLION

Not a single person on the internet bought at 16, 17, 20 000,

#73     Jan 15, 2018
  4. johnarb

johnarb

Bro, i hate to break it to you but I'm not a noob. Been in bitcoin/cryptos since 2013 and seen the nasty 2 year bear market in cryptos you don't know anything about

You on the other hand are a bitter no-coiner and hope you stay that way :p

#74     Jan 15, 2018
  5. sss12

sss12

If you are not a noob, your comments are even more lame.
    Your assumptions and conclusions of what may be in my portfolio even further off.

#75     Jan 15, 2018
  6. neke

neke

Here are some to start with. May have to research where they are now:

CMGI
    ICGE (Internet Capital Group)
    CMRC (Commerce One)
    The globe .com
    Yahoo
    Netscape
    Alta Vista
    Lycos
    Compuserve
    Prodigy
    Geocities
    America Online (AOL)

...and tons of others (many bankrupt or delisted).

Its easier to remember the survivors like AMAZON

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    #76     Jan 15, 2018
    BONECRUSHER likes this.
  7. johnarb

johnarb

I'm not assuming anything, our discussion centered around spending investment assets like spending cryptos. If you hold cryptos, good for you. I hold cryptos and I spend cryptos so I'm not talking about a process I don't have experience in.

#77     Jan 15, 2018
  8. sle

sle

I recall a research note by DB (I think) where they showed that if you bought X top computer stocks (I think 50 or something like that, selected and weighted by market cap) at the time and kept the whole portfolio, you would have still beaten S&P 500 handsomely. The thesis was that investing in disruptive companies is a scary but profitable idea.

#78     Jan 15, 2018
    johnarb likes this.
  9. It depends. My father got back to even and more, but he didn't invest in those crazy .com's that had no earnings and ended up bankrupt either...there were plenty that ended up worthless.

#79     Jan 15, 2018
  10. That's interesting...I buy all that stuff too, but I don't own any cryptos...how on earth can I do that? Yes, I'm a non-coiner...but I've made a living trading for decades, but the 11 years I've been on ET I've never put anyone down for not being able to do the same, though.

#80     Jan 15, 2018
    johnarb and sss12 like this.