This guy says futures are a failure

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by SoesWasBetter, Jan 1, 2018.

1. henry76

henry76

Nice dodge Illini , are you relieved to have gotten off the Bitcoin is going to the moon idea?

#41     Jan 6, 2018
  2. If you looking at a log chart yes. If you are looking at a price chart I would say $15,000 is not most of a $300,000 move.

#42     Jan 6, 2018
  3. themickey

themickey

I trade gold stocks so I'm always interested in the subject. 'Elites controlling price', very plausible and highly probable, I'm actually hoping crypto's will take the pressure off gold, it is under too much scrutiny.

#43     Jan 6, 2018
  4. Some people might still claim a move to $300,000 is a moon shot. Not sure what I dodged but that is better than a direct hit I guess.

#44     Jan 6, 2018
  5. neke

neke

Thanks for responding. The argument for 'store of value' is one of the most ridiculous I can think of. something that appreciates 300,000-fold in 8 years is anything but a 'store'. It is hyper-speculative. Not even the best survivor from the dotcom era (I believe Amazon) has done 1000-fold from IPO price.

As for the second quote - refuge from the world economies - hmmm, that is quite a prophecy. We will keep an eye for all hiding in this tower of refuge. Good luck to all.

#45     Jan 6, 2018
  6. henry76

henry76

Illini you said

"More likely that Bitcoin has not even entered the upward part of its long term chart"

#46     Jan 6, 2018
  7. Some people I read are saying exactly that. That gold and silver will begin to seek their true value.

#47     Jan 6, 2018
  8. henry76

henry76

I said
    To Illini , you wrote

"More likely that Bitcoin has not even entered the upward part of its long term chart"

Pray tell how this does not IMPLY an INCREASE in price rise over and above previous price rise ?

#48     Jan 6, 2018
  9. All I am saying that if you look at a 3 year price chart of a stock that has gone from $1.50 to $30.00 the price as it was working itself up to $1.50 looks like the flat lined portion of the chart. You are reading too much into a general statement.

#49     Jan 6, 2018
  10. henry76

henry76

And you are plain simple wrong.
    is not true and impossible.

#50     Jan 6, 2018