This guy says futures are a failure

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by SoesWasBetter, Jan 1, 2018.

1. neke

neke

Don't you think the holders will start bailing out if this thing drifts aimlessly for one year?

#21     Jan 6, 2018
  2. neke

neke

In the interest of fair disclosure, can you tell us how many bitcoins you hold?
    Also specific products built on blockchain technology does not translate to bitcoin appreciating in value - any more than greater use of the internet made AOL or MySpace stock price to keep appreciating (I am being generous to bitcoin here in this comparison!).

#22     Jan 6, 2018
  3. sle

sle

Who knows, really?

Making forecasts is a bullshit science. No matter what the actual market action is, one can always find an argument to support his point of view. In a rally, the perma-bears will expect, everyone to "get out it at these levels!" while the perma-bulls will point to the momentum and expect the asset to go up further. In a sell-off perma-bears will say "oh! now everyone will see that it's a fraud/scam and sell" and the perma-bulls will be explaining how cheap the asset looks at these prices. Do you want me to go on? :)

#23     Jan 6, 2018
    johnarb likes this.
  4. sle

sle

Honestly, I don't know. That's the reality of investing - you never know and can only guess. From an investors perspective (I don't trade anything crypto-related) I think it would be foolish to invest more at these levels but I also think it would be foolish not to be involved at all.

PS. Since @neke asked, I will disclose a tiny allocation into crypto (5 coins of BTC and 5 coins of BCH). I bought them around 500 or so.

#24     Jan 6, 2018
    johnarb likes this.
  5. Play the price points! This is how bulls/bears get slaughtered. Bull camp says going to the moon. Bear came going to tank. Outside of 5 minute candle it's really pointless to make a prediction where something is going to be 1 year down the line. Bitcoin could hit 1,000 or 50,000 but that is worthless prediction to make money on. You need to establish 20k support before anything. Bitcoin became a rich toy tool and retail jumped on the .000001 bandwagon. lol I still cannot believe these things are not outright banned. New coins are coming to market daily. The Dogcoin alt coin was created as a joke and the founder is in shock now that it has a $1 billion cap. The even bigger fraud is mining. WTF is this BS. Chinese citizens moving to Canada because China banned mining. Mining worthless garbage coins that have no use or value. Unbelievable! As bias as I am as this is a ponzi scheme it can keep running for only god knows. It will implode though like all other scams.

#25     Jan 6, 2018
  6. johnarb

johnarb

I believe you also have Bitcoin Gold (BTG).

#26     Jan 6, 2018
  7. sle

sle

LOL. Was there another split that I missed? If so, I guess I do :)

#27     Jan 6, 2018
    johnarb likes this.
  8. johnarb

johnarb

#28     Jan 6, 2018
  9. sle

sle

As a total aside. I had an elder friend that was involved in the markets since the Great Depression. It's hard to believe, but he really did start working as a runner one week before the great crash of 1929. While he might not have the mathematical finesse, he certainly had a fantastic market intuition.

One day over a drink I described to him how selling volatility works, delta hedging and all. His response was "I like this. This is the type of trading when you want to be hung-over all the time." He meant that inaction was the best course. Over the years, I realized that a lot of our investing decisions have to be made as if we are hung over. Do less and do it slow.

#29     Jan 6, 2018
    dealmaker likes this.
  10. johnarb

johnarb

That reminds me of the stock operator Edwin Lefevre...

In many years of dabbling in the stock market (even using options), I have never experienced anything quite like the crypto markets.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    #30     Jan 6, 2018