This guy lost 1 million bucks on FNM/FRE

Discussion in 'Trading' started by peilthetraveler, Sep 8, 2008.

1. http://messages.finance.yahoo.com/S...tm&bn=7179&tid=295203&mid=295203&tof=15&frt=2

I saw this on the message boards dated Sept 6 on yahoo. This guy went into great detail on why he was long and why it was a good bet. It was a little too long to post here (as it was about 4 or 5 parts to his ramblings on yahoos message board) But the short story was apparently he is a money manager and held into the weekend. Unfortunately he claims it was only 5% of his portfolio. Darn...I really want to see at least one person wipe it with that stock.

2. Why would you hope to see a person completely wiped out by FNM/FRE?

What is wrong with you?

3. I got to say OUTCH. but Yahoo message board is even worse then ET, so much BS. Everyone calls tops and bottoms with 0 accountiblity. at least here you know the guy with 2000+ posts is not gonna say too much crap he cant prove

4. Belok

Belok

Who doesn't like to stare at a trainwreck as they're driving by?

Whether or not you admit to enjoying it, you're at least interested.

5. There's a difference between curious about a guy who takes a huge loss, VS hoping that he would have completely blown up instead of just a mini-blow up

6. best quote i heard today. please someone tell me where it is from

Your sitting on the train tracks and the train is comming at you at 5 mph and hit you as you sit on the tracks. someone asks you, why dindt u move? u said i thought i would go on another track. it was someone on cnbc talking about all the time people had to get out of there FNM and Prefered stocks