This goddam eternal bull market...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by STD Deviant, Nov 28, 2017.

1. I know, right? I had a half dozen straddles and strangles open yesterday. Most did better than 100%.

#31     Nov 30, 2017
  2. Braggart! :finger::mad:

See: survivorship bias :p

#32     Nov 30, 2017
    tommcginnis likes this.
  3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

I sense a gathering storm.
    Volume took 9:30 rush and spread it for an hour.
    Volatility is up by points; market is "mixed".

It's like the hands, on the arm of the vice, holding my nuts, have relaxed, and taken a big inhale, primed for that last big s-queeeeeeeeeeze.

(I had a surplus, of commas, today.)

#33     Dec 1, 2017
  4. truetype

truetype

Would you rate that a hunch, strong hunch, or conviction hunch? Thanks.

#34     Dec 1, 2017
  5. truetype

truetype

Your hunch was right!

#35     Dec 1, 2017
  6. Handle123

Handle123

I am consistent, do the same crap everyday, it is a job now, being on right side of risk, being prepared whether markets goes up or down, being prepared and all automated. Am still long stocks as they paying dividends, am short big S&P futures/hedged and ES/hedged to hedge long stocks and for long term commodity system in case this is the top, am hedged on ES as well. Cost a ton to hedge, but as you get older, you understand more of preservation of capital is all that counts and drawdowns.

#36     Dec 1, 2017
  7. It's a shallow pool to fish right now, but there's still a little cheap volatility out there. A JPM straddle for January is running about 4.25 right now (hint: I'm long this). It's relatively high price, but not that high in consideration of the all the potential fuck ups the government has on it's horizon.

#37     Dec 1, 2017