This goddam eternal bull market...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by STD Deviant, Nov 28, 2017.

1. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

ROFL !

#21     Nov 29, 2017
    tommcginnis likes this.
  2. ironchef

ironchef

Unless you decided to join the party early last week and went long to join the tech rally, bought AAPL,BABA, BIDU, GOOGL....options.

#22     Nov 29, 2017
  3. I rode SQ up with strangles and straddles...and then back down.

#23     Nov 29, 2017
  4. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

I think I've lived every comment in this thread in the last 48 hours.
    I am beat to shit. (But you guys are *hilarious*.)

Here's (as he swings a pint glass gently upwards) to us all having a quiet, tradable time through Monday close. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I wish we could (still??) "Like" our own posts: I was humming The Bug all afternoon....

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    #24     Nov 29, 2017
    beerntrading likes this.
  5. I had my best day ever today. And then I bought JNPR after hours. Should still be my best come tomorrow's opening, we'll see...but such is karma.

Also, I bought GBTC seconds before it walked off a cliff today. Seriously, BTC dumped 10% in 40 mins after I posted my purchase and "joked" that it was a good time to sell because I'm very good at placing buy orders at peaks.

I'm also long SQ up to my eyeballs...

...today I was still way up. Hooray for buying cheap volatility.

#25     Nov 29, 2017
  6. You can be sure that in every trading day there are around 50% of the participants crying and 50% rejoicing.

I tried to explain to a friend what this business is like. I told him in a normal job you get paid regardless of what you do during the day; in a sales job you go home flat if you made no sales; but in this business you actually have to write someone a check if you fuck up. Not too many jobs like that on planet earth. Aren't we lucky? FML :banghead:

I had a few drinks with my trading buddies tonight though and they told me what I needed to hear. Bring on tomorrow! :fistbump::strong::thumbsup:

#26     Nov 29, 2017
    Handle123 likes this.
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

Like taking candy from a baby

#27     Nov 29, 2017
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

It's only 5% in a single day, who cares?

:(

#28     Nov 29, 2017
  9. tomorton

tomorton

Yep. I love traders who see this game as a personalised head to head battle with other private retail traders. They're like little kids scrapping in the middle of a motorway. They might get in a good punch or two. But they're still going to get squashed by the big artic that's coming.

#29     Nov 30, 2017
    noddyboy likes this.
  10. ironchef

ironchef

You care if you trade options. 5% move in a day is a big deal.

#30     Nov 30, 2017