This goddam eternal bull market...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by STD Deviant, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Today is a good day. :D

#11     Nov 29, 2017
  2. :(

#12     Nov 29, 2017
  3. When both your core position AND your hedges move in hurtful directions...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#13     Nov 29, 2017
    Cuddles, tommcginnis and CALLumbus like this.
  4. qxr1011

qxr1011

It does not really matter where the market goes, what matters is what the method shows :)

#14     Nov 29, 2017
  5. So true. Stay disciplined and if you're uncomfortable with the potential drawdown in the strategy, your position size was too large. I'm just venting. It's nearly Christmas time!!! I'll try to be merrier... HO HO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[​IMG]

#15     Nov 29, 2017
    tommcginnis likes this.
  6. I was meaning to ask. What's your positions? I had an uncorrelated move with my positions and hedge two weeks ago that was the blow up I mentioned on another thread. Glad I was maxed out on buying volatility and outrights and didn't have the cash to support credit spreads this week--would not have been pretty.

#16     Nov 29, 2017
    tommcginnis likes this.
  7. Iron condors in the RUT and SPX while long GOOGL spreads. Google was literally the only stock down yesterday when the SPX was roaring. I was near my uncle point yesterday but held on for the final kick in the nuts this morning.

#17     Nov 29, 2017
    Cuddles and tommcginnis like this.
  8. Ouch. I held on when my hedges did as they were supposed to (put debit spread on SPX - should have flattened for a small loss there), but while the market came back, it left my credit spread positions behind...and I was left holding the bag.

#18     Nov 29, 2017
  9. qxr1011

qxr1011

understood... here is Russian outlook on life... also not politically correct :)

#19     Nov 29, 2017
    beginner66 and tommcginnis like this.
  10. That delicate balance between intuition and the solid facts staring you straight in the face... I pushed it.

#20     Nov 29, 2017
    tommcginnis likes this.