This dude made $15,000 in one stock trade

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by 4XIS4U, Apr 26, 2007.

1. heck, i had a much bigger gain in DNDN

i owned it from mid 4's, and it had a much larger one day gain than this guys stock

so what?

UNFORTUNATELY, i sold 2/3 of my stake at 5.22 before the halt (cause that was where my first limit order was set)

but judging a trader by ONE trade is silly

n=1 isn't much of a sample

#11     Apr 26, 2007
  2. 4XIS4U

4XIS4U

yeah, it was probably a lucky trade but he seem to be quite consistent, at least on the blog - maybe he's lying on his records.. :)

#12     Apr 27, 2007
  3. I can validate this statement....

:)

#13     Apr 27, 2007
  4. u guys are just jealous.

Im putting it all on his next calls at 500% leverage.

#14     Apr 27, 2007
  5. 4XIS4U

4XIS4U

I agree, the guy looks legit based on his tracking, no bs... it looks as he makes consistent money on stocks but has been losing on his future trades.

#15     Apr 27, 2007
  6. My blog was swamped by hits from this site, so I decided to register -- I'm legit :)

and yes, you're right 4x, I'm yet to be consistent on the YM :D

#16     May 1, 2007
  7. 4XIS4U

4XIS4U

hey sharp, nice call on MEOH, I had a position on JDS as well like in your post but I'm still holding it... sh&&^%%

#17     May 3, 2007
  8. Nice buck, but hardly record breaking. Doesn't even come close to my own personal best. I sure some bigger players have done better, much better.
    Bought a little shit scam company back in Dec. of 1999(ah, the good old days). Symbol was ECNC. Paid .22 and bought a whole 20,000 shares. As it ran up over the next couple of months I peeled off 10,000 shares. Monday/Tuesday, March 6,7 it was trading about 12 bucks a share and on wednesday it ran up to 20 bucks and change. I was selling in the 19 1/2, 19 5/8 area. Sold 6,000 shares for about 45K in profits that day.
    Stock was halted that Friday, March 10, 2000. Turns out their PR's were all bullshit. I still had 4,000 shares and two weeks later when the stock opened at 54 CENTS, I sold them. Keeping those 4K shares cost me nearly 80 grand. Still, a hell of a trade bought to you by the OTCBB.
    While a monster trade, back then penny stocks going from a dime to a dollar were, well, a dime a dozen and I had more than a few. The friggin wild west is what it was.

Edit: By no means was this skill. It was pure dumb luck, but at the time I felt like a trading GOD.:D

#18     May 3, 2007
  9. 4XIS4U

4XIS4U

Hi Captain, you're absolutely right, it was a lucky trade...sharp just got in at the right time, but, the thing is it looks like he got in based on his signals and he follows his signals religiously (looks like) ... I'm a dumb idiot myself who breaks the rules all the time. :D

#19     May 3, 2007
  10. 4XIS4U

4XIS4U

Hey sharp -- posted a comment in your blog but it looks like you did it again on Alcan ?? what's up with that? :D as much as you admitted that you're a lucky bastard you have to tell us your "takeover" source -- congrats!

#20     May 7, 2007