"This doesnt make sense" in chatrooms

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by mute9003, Nov 18, 2021.

1. deaddog

deaddog

Read "How to make money in stocks"

#11     Nov 18, 2021
  2. schizo

schizo

I'm gonna reiterate the "well duh!!" policy here as well. If you don't know why it reversed on you today (of all days), then you obviously need to learn how to read charts.

upload_2021-11-18_20-44-36.png

#12     Nov 18, 2021
  3. Overnight

Overnight

I have seen that pattern before in the indices. If the company has legs, that would be a buy.

#13     Nov 19, 2021
  4. mute9003

mute9003

This sucks
    Frustrating as fuk to try to learn something you dont know that you dont even know that you dont know..
    Its like running in the dark

Then you watch these profitable traders
    what they tell me vs what i have

Find your edge - i have no concept of edge in trading

Keep it simple - i cant because even basics are complicates for new traders

Buy low sell high- captain obvious, when do i buy and when do i sell.

Dont overcomplicate- impossible i dont have the skills to keep it simple yet.

Stick to your strategy- buy at the wrong times because im new is my strategy

Let your runners(winners) run - i let them run until they run into ground is that long enough?

Its like the concept of assets that literally just randomly clicked for me a week ago from a random meme i saw on internet.
    And behind that simple concept is a pile of information that is attached to that simple concept of assets...
    If trading is like this. That means profitable trader's keep it simple concept is loaded with unconsciously understanding the causes of price action... which is alot of variables that your brain crunches in the background

#14     Nov 19, 2021
    TrailerParkTed, schizo and VicBee like this.
  5. schizo

schizo

Uhm, probably not at the moment. I would first wait until there's a sign of reversal, such as higher low. But then again, this is a penny stock (or it's cousin). These stocks have their own rhythm and narrative. So anything goes FWIW.

#15     Nov 19, 2021
  6. schizo

schizo

Well, I don't know what your trading style is. But I can tell you that if you trade based on what you hear in the chatroom, you ain't gonna last very long.

You need to, at the very least, know how to read price action. On top of that, you need to come up with strategies or rules. These are formulas that will tell you when you should enter a trade, when you should exit if the trade goes against you, when you should take the profit, etc. Trading is as simple as that.

Lastly, as I've always said, you need to become one with price. That is, you need to become the price yourself.

#16     Nov 19, 2021
    tomorton likes this.
  7. tomorton

tomorton

A lot of the money made through trading comes from simply buying what's already going up and selling what's already going down. Of course people like to dress it up with complicated language......

#17     Nov 19, 2021
    yc47ib, S-Trader and fan27 like this.
  8. JSOP

JSOP

When you are on the losing side, nothing ever makes sense. When you are on the right side, you can never do wrong. Hindsight is always 20/20. Was the trader on the "right" side really because the chart made sense to him/her? Hindsight is always 20/20.

That's why you practice prudent risk management and not overtrade. And you hedge.

#18     Nov 19, 2021
  9. maxinger

maxinger

dpw.jpg

yesterday, investors bought DPW (see up arrow) around mid day
    thinking it was the start of an uptrend.
    volume traded was relatively high.

a few minutes later, dpw reversed direction.
    they would have closed their position at around the hand drawn line.

If you see the bigger picture, DPW is definitely not bullish.

dpw.jpg

#19     Nov 19, 2021
    smallfil and TrailerParkTed like this.
  10. mute9003

mute9003

Where are you guys getting the info about shorts and institutional buys and sells?
    I use webull wirh lvl2 but it shows just regular orders not shorts or any others

#20     Nov 19, 2021