this day sucks

Discussion in 'Trading' started by funky, Apr 10, 2003.

1. doctoroe

doctoroe

Trade the big movers. Surely you can sort your data to see which stocks in your price range move the most, on average, each trading day. Then pull them up in your charts and either trade them long or short depending on what they and the futures are doing. It's really very simple. Seldom a boring day here. Can get slow from 11 am to 1pm eastern, but usually quite interesting other than that. And earnings season is here... gonna get MORE interesting real soon.

#21     Apr 10, 2003
  2. Since there are so many fine and consistent players here, I would like some of them to describe what they feel thier EDGE is during this period of time.

I'm not too crazy about the trading, but since so many are making so much coin.....

#22     Apr 10, 2003
  3. GNP!! Baby!!!

I said this a week ago. After 6 months of not working well, GNP is on fire lately. I took 1.25 pts off of ndb today on 3500 shares. Flipped out the last of my 5k of cbm for 70c. Gotta be honest, EME blew me I sold the low print and lost 200 bux on it. Win some loose some, but it was a great day for me.

Ranges don't matter. I hate the large 200+ day movers. Those are hard. Choose your stocks well, and you'll do fine.

#23     Apr 10, 2003
  4. on what, ORB on NQ?? that netted 8 handles ...max. what do you call "huge money?":confused:

#24     Apr 10, 2003
  5. sweet day, nice work! GNP?? i will study on this:D

#25     Apr 10, 2003
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

No, I used a secret system. Sorry I can't reveal any of the details but I'm afraid that everyone would start using it and then I'd wind up living in a box.

But it was huge! HUGE!!!

--Db

#26     Apr 10, 2003
  7. i sense sarcasm but i don't understand why :confused:i also sense you are a jerk :eek:

#27     Apr 10, 2003

8. Saynt, you don't understand. This is Elite. Forget hedge funds, Soros and Cramer. The best on the planet dwell right here, and by some miracle find time to post regularly so as to remind us of the infinite possibilities.

I'm hoping to find some nugget of wisdom to get me out of this rut.

Don't scare them away.

Thanks.

#28     Apr 10, 2003
  9. Other than being smarter, better-looking, more experienced, wealthier, and hung like a m*ther-f*cking horse -- I have no edge!

:cool:

#29     Apr 10, 2003
  10. Trajan

Trajan

Actually, today was the first time in about three weeks I was filled on more than one option order that was decent.

#30     Apr 10, 2003