this day sucks

Discussion in 'Trading' started by funky, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Time Decay: loser bet. No time decay in SSF, you'd be amazed the peace of mind that gives you after trading options.

#11     Apr 10, 2003
  2. hii a_ooiioo_a, what broker do you use to trade SSF?

#12     Apr 10, 2003
  3. indahook, could you please post a chart of how you traded S/R on 5min today? im just trying to learn how to trade a range day.

#13     Apr 10, 2003
  4. Booooooooooooored!!

Everyone's going home!!!!

trend:(

#14     Apr 10, 2003
  5. I would if I could...but I cant. I use AT attitude for futures and have no idea how to get the chart to display here...I will tell you this though....open up S+P futures chart using 5 minute candles..then run a fibbonaci retracement from the candle at 9:10am (real body, no shadow) and down to the one at 11:25..you will see exactly what I have traded off of today....if you can tell me how to get my charts to display here I would be happy to do so
    C.

#15     Apr 10, 2003
  6. I use Interactive Brokers. Here are some others you could use, from a list provided on www.onechicago.com ("Find A Broker")

Security futures can be traded in either a securities account or a futures account maintained by either a securities broker or a futures commission merchant. Institutions and traders should inquire directly with their current broker or may contact one of the firms already connected to OneChicago, such as those listed below.

Alaron Trading 800-275-8844
    www.alaron.com
    info@alaron.com (e-mail)

Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. 877-512-0291
    Schwab.futures@Schwab.com (e-mail)

Interactive Brokers www.interactivebrokers.com
    help@interactivebrokers.com (e-mail)

Lind-Waldock division of Refco, LLC 800-445-2000
    www.lind-waldock.com
    sales@lind-waldock.com (e-mail)

Peregrine Financial Group, Inc. 800-333-5673
    www.pfgbest.com
    info@pfmail.com (e-mail)

#16     Apr 10, 2003
  7. all afternoon.

I deserve it -- haven't been chopped up like that in a long time. Today was the first losing day of the month for me.

Low volume, sloppy, and choppy all day -- was profitable up until the afternoon session where I just gradually pissed it away.

-- in retrospect, should've spent the pm snapp'in one off.

dog

#17     Apr 10, 2003
  8. There's always (or at least about 95% of the days) a profit in the market and today is one of those 95% if you just have the proper system and the discipline to stay with it.

#18     Apr 10, 2003
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I agree. I made huge money today. It all depends on your system.

--Db

#19     Apr 10, 2003
  10. Mecro

Mecro

Ditto

The last few days, mornings were great afternoon sucks. After lumch, I just churn and churn. Don't matter, I'm just trying various stocks out for the hell of it.

#20     Apr 10, 2003