This Dak Prescott is a bad QB

Discussion in 'Sports' started by wildchild, Nov 28, 2019.

1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

In some sports like Hockey...TV commercials are often done in advance and under contract. Further, many stars are under contract to do commercials just like some stars are under contract that tells them what things they can not do when off the ice.

For example, after PK Subban begin dating Lindsey Vonn...his most recent contract prevents him from going skiing. Further, you will not be seeing him doing any ski equipment / wear commercials...weird stuff like that.

Another strange example, I remember when Michael Jordan was under contract to do those annoying TV commercials (a lot of them) for Hanes underwear (video below)...usually released in the summer.

I know who you are :D

Oh my goodness...you're so soft :D

wrbtrader

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    #31     Dec 27, 2019
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Just saw two TV commercials within the past hour of Jonathan Huberdeau...one of my favourite Hockey players from here in Québec...he now plays for Florida Panthers. Commercial for CCM gear.

Merry Christmas / Happy New Year / Safe Holidays.

wrbtrader

#32     Dec 27, 2019
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Hype and market. Dallas is probably in the top 4 biggest markets. Name recognition is more important then actual results on the filed. Also it is a multi year contract:

https://www.fatherly.com/news/campbells-chunky-soup-commercial-nfl-season-dak-prescott/

"Their latest star is Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott, who signed a three-year deal with the brand and owner of the “chunky” trademark last year. He’s back in a new commercial that’s an unofficial kickoff to the NFL marketing season that reaches its zenith with Super Bowl commercials."

Furthermore, Dak is more of an advertiser these days:

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/dak-prescott-campbells-soup

"The partnership with the American canned soup company is the latest in a line of endorsement deals that Prescott has penned in recent times. Campbell’s Chunky Soup joins DirecTV, Pepsi, Tostitos, AT&T, Adidas, 7-Eleven, Beats by Dre, Panini, New Era, Keurig, Nicholas Air and Dannon in using Prescott as the face of its brand."

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    #33     Dec 29, 2019
  4. wildchild

wildchild

Well look at this way, next Dak can watch from the privacy of his own home because Dak Prescott is not playoff material.

#34     Dec 30, 2019
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

From the advertising POV, that is irrelevant. Just like Koepernick is not a good QB, yet Nike thinks he has broad appeal to shoe buyers.

#35     Dec 30, 2019
  6. wildchild

wildchild

Your boy is mediocre at best. He simply doesnt have what it takes.

#36     Dec 30, 2019
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

I don't care about either. I am just explaining to you how the advertising industry works.

#37     Dec 30, 2019
  8. wildchild

wildchild

They can advertise to Dak Prescott as he watches the playoffs from home. He is a bad quarterback.

#38     Jan 1, 2020
  9. Dak Prescott does not have what it takes to win a super bowl. Jason Garret does not have what it takes either. They need a new head coach to come in and lay down the law. Unfortunately, Jerry won't let that happen. The last time Jerry put his ego in the backseat and got out of the way the Cowboys were winning super bowls.

Jerry better get it together or the Cowboys won't win until after he passes away. The team is a damn joke right now.

#39     Jan 2, 2020
  10. RRY16

RRY16

Tank next yr and draft Trevor Lawrence or wait another yr and talk A. Luck out of retirement. If they give Prescott the big dough they best get a top Offense/Qb guru. Jason Garrett is a shoeshine boy.

#40     Jan 2, 2020