This choppy thin market is brutal

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Westward, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Its only choppy and thin if you are looking for one way 20 point ES moves .

Billions are made every day by my clients.

#11     Aug 28, 2009
  2. Alvin

Alvin

BS!

:D

#12     Aug 28, 2009
  3. the1

the1

You gotta have two strategies. One for a choppy market and one for a trendy market. Chop: Buy weakness, sell strength. Trend: Sell weakness, buy strength.

Now all you need to know is what environment you're in.

#13     Aug 28, 2009
  4. wutang

wutang

QFT! These side ways markets are the easiest things to trade. I would print money if they traded like this every day.

#14     Aug 28, 2009
  5. Westward

Westward

Please enlighten.

#15     Aug 28, 2009
  6. Hell yeah, it's easy. It's also easy to pick up nickles in front of buldozers. 'Till one day, you get run over!

What grade 're you in, Wutang?

#16     Aug 28, 2009
  7. lindq

lindq

I really can't recall an easier trading environment. If nothing else, just buy the dips and wait for the afternoon recovery.

How hard is that? Duh.

Any pullback in this market - and in solid stocks - is going to be met with buying. There is a lot of money waiting to come in, and any weakness is likely to be very short lived for the rest of the year.

#17     Aug 28, 2009
  8. wutang

wutang

While you sit on the sidelines complaining that this market is overvalued (which I agree with; it obviously is BS) I'll keep trading and making money. Thanks for the personal attack as well.

#18     Aug 28, 2009
  9. wutang

wutang

See the1's post above mine. Fading these days is what it's about. Sold the top, bought the bottom, two trades and I'm done for the day. I tried in the past to trade more than that on days like this and never had any luck.

#19     Aug 28, 2009
  10. Its a case of the lows in, lets buy. Any pullback is a buying opp IMHO.

#20     Aug 28, 2009