This bull market is finished?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by a529612, Nov 26, 2007.

This bull market is finished?

1. Yes

50 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Your sentiment?

2. its finished until it starts again

3. Is this the ultimate buy signal?

4. it could be, when the sheeps starts thinking shorts, you can bet smart money is looking the other way

5. Depends on how inflation will work itself into this.

Got to love that declining US dollar.

Standard of living will take a hit. Buit who cares right, we are still #1. :) (I hope)

6. jsmooth

jsmooth

A quote from Greenspan's book pretty much sums up this thread:

p. 466

"How do we know when irrational exuberance has unduly escalated asset values, which then become subject to unexpected and prolonged contractions? It is often suggested that the richest investors are those best at gauging shifts in human psychology rather than at forecasting earnings per share….A whole school of stock market psychologists has arisen around this thesis. They call themselves contrarians. They trade on the view that irrational exuberance eventually ends up in fallings stock prices, as shares get bid up for no plausible reason, and then, when that becomes evident, fear grips the market and prices unravel. Contrarians pride themselves on trading against crowd psychology…..but you rarely hear about those who try this approach and lose their shirts....<B>If a stock market bulge is perceived to be the precursor of a crash, speculators and investors will try to sell out earlier. That defuses the nascent bubble and a crash is avoided. <U>The sudden eruptions of fear or euphoria are phenomena that nobody anticipates.</U> The horrendous decline in stocks on "Black Monday" came out of the dark.</B>"

7. He is 100% correct...but maybe he's wrong! (same thing in laymans terms. LOL)

8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I have a whole thesis I wrote out with Anthony Tsung which outlines all the reasons we should go into a bear market, but to be honest it scares me to see soooooo many people agree with me. Not in the long term, but short term. THe market very often goes in the direction of the easiest money, which alot of times is screwing everyone's expectations over.

Brandon

9. ml77

ml77

Brandon, bear markets always have strong up days to screw small investors and short big again.

10. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

The Media is selling people all this propaganda for political reasons.
    Kind of odd, the Times says retail sales were terrible, very bad and we r in a recession, but other report this season has been much better than expected.. Ans people are still spending money. u tell me? This game is rigged

#10     Nov 26, 2007