This bubble is rediculous!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Dec 20, 2006.

1. noddyboy

noddyboy

I don't think I ever have talked about the money I made or lost....Not in a public forum. But we all look alike with our yellow smilies.
    :)

#51     Dec 20, 2006
  2. EX-ACT-LY

in the LONGTERM, the market regresses to a mean, and securities are (generally) reasonably priced.

that's why, in the longterm, it's good to buy weakness and sell strength.

however, in the short term, stuff can stay "overbought" for a REALLY REALLY long time. it's absurd to short merely cause "it's gone up a lot and is overbought"

i DID do a few shorts today and some longs today. but that's intraday scalping

but all this heroic "calling of the top" is massive stupidity

it's an exercise in ego, not trading

#52     Dec 20, 2006
  3. John Maynard Keynes was brillliant.

Great supplementation.

#53     Dec 20, 2006
  4. Man that was some correction today. 6 points on the dow, and almost 2 points on the s&p and nasd. I just don't know if I am emotionally ready to go through another day with that kind of corrective action.:D

#54     Dec 20, 2006
  5. Mvic

Mvic

SP only up 0.2% in Euros this year, is it really due for a correction?

#55     Dec 20, 2006
  6. basis

basis

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN WE HAVE A WINNER.

The first person who has hinted at the fact that the reason stocks go up is because THEY'RE NOT DOLLARS.

No matter, though. I'm sure BlueStreek made his $2k out-trading all of us in his paper options account.

#56     Dec 20, 2006
  7. noddyboy

noddyboy

Anyway, for the record, I called the top correctly for an intraday trade today, and it closed at the low.

:cool:

#57     Dec 20, 2006
  8. That and 4 bucks will get you a cup of coffee at starbucks.

#58     Dec 20, 2006
  9. hels02

hels02

Noddy... You were very close (was at 11:30), so you deserve a cookie!

I SERIOUSLY did not expect a down day today. But I'm mostly positioned now to hold thru the holidays, so I'm happy.

If it does go down this week, I think we'll have a much better January, because our 'correction' will be out of the way. Without that correction, Jan is going to stink, so I'd rather have the correction now than later.

#59     Dec 20, 2006
  10. Funny, I read recently that Rockefeller was a very good buddy of JPMorgan who was bragging at parties how he caused the 1929 crash by forcing margin calls all over.

This is not a bubble by today's standards, not even close. Idiots like BlueStreek do not even have the brains to look up how stocks moved in the tech bubble or the late 1980s P/E bubble.

#60     Dec 20, 2006