This bothers me more than Madoff

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stock777, Jan 16, 2011.

1. You make a very relevant point. many people do not have the charachter and intergrity these days to do the job they were hired for. Really. no one cares about the SS agent opinion, he/she has a job to do. You either do it or not. If you are assigned to protect the president and do not like him, quit, doesn't get any simpler than that.

#11     Jan 16, 2011
  2. Personally I think that attitude is way too simplistic.

I can see those tasked with protecting Paul Von Hindenburg's successor using the same lame excuses.

#12     Jan 16, 2011
  3. I understand the hoopla because its visible.

Lets assume there are 50 million poor receiving aid and lets say they receive $10K annually. $500B of social aid / had outs / freebies.. whatever. This financial aid gets spent.. injecting $500B in the economy... creating jobs and keeping tax revenue and transactions flowing.

The $500B gets spent on real tangible goods with local businesses employing US citizens... Not on fictitious investments.

Take the 100B we spent bailing out AIG and the $31B in bonuses they paid out. We spend over $500B annually in Iraq... We build hospitals and infrastructure in Iraq and we provide their citizens free hospital care (Of course after we've bombed the hell out of them).

Our taxpayers are financing $6000 a foreign automobile.. manufactured by GM in china using chinese employees and sold to chinese consumers.

Where is the fairness in all this convoluted bull shit? Why are people complaining about really basic social services being provided to US citizens who have paid FICA and other bonafide deductions out of their pay checks under a federal insurance plan?

At minimum with the resources and wealth of this country there is no reason why we should have homeless people starving to death like in Haiti.

The hardliners out there can hold on to the fuck em attitude except desperate people resort to crime. We spend over $100K prosecuting a criminal and over $40K annually to incarcerate them. Most states are broke and are letting them go free on early release. Whose paying for this mess?

All these entry level and mid level jobs these folks had been working are in Asia. Hell these jobs don't even make it down to mexico because Asia is so much cheaper.

Until the Government puts a value and protects our country's Human Resources this problem will only continue to grow exponentially.

Sorry about the rambling rant.

#13     Jan 16, 2011
  4. There fixed that for you.

#14     Jan 16, 2011
  5. Good point... the freeloaders should move to Iraq.

#15     Jan 16, 2011
  6. So glad it doesnt look anything like that here in the US!

[​IMG]

#16     Jan 16, 2011
  7. I've heard that lame argument about 'they spend the welfare check, helping the economy'

Drug dealers buy Rolexes and Caddies, Pimps buy lots of clothes, embezzlers spend their loot on all sorts of goodies, so I guess all these activities are o.k. , by that same reasoning.

I guarantee at least 50% of the mofos on the dole are scammers.

#17     Jan 16, 2011
  8. It doesn't, we dont have that scribble on the wall.

#18     Jan 16, 2011
  9. At no point did I claim that this is a single event but that the individual in question was in no way worse than Madoff. You have very poor reading skills.:D

#19     Jan 17, 2011
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

better yet, those of us who pay for the freeloaders should move to some other country and then this country would BE like Iraq.

#20     Jan 17, 2011