This Ain't Gonna Be Good.....CBS 60 Minutes This Sunday

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Tauvros, Oct 9, 2010.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

I'm looking at PE right now.

Also have a Friend who trades ag futures. He's doing well.

As far as where the money is going, I agree. It's not going where it used to!

#21     Oct 11, 2010
  2. EPrado

EPrado

Newsflash, as the Dow goes higher and higher more people will once again return to the stock market. While it won't happen overnight, people will notice September's returns and want back in. A majority of the investing public do not understand commodities,PE, and IPO's.....and shouldn't be putting their money there.

Something will come out of his whole HFT mess. The SEC will HAVE to do something. Will it stop the HFT's? Who knows. The first thing they need to do is get rid of sub-penny pricing. Penny increments were fine. I would guess that would be the first step. That would put a huge dent in the profits of these HFT's. That would stop the front running bs these guys pull.

Keep up the "Anti trading by a failed trader" posts EMR.

#22     Oct 11, 2010
  3. S2007S

S2007S

By the time people start returning the next collapse will occur.

As for the HFT's, the SEC is taking way too fucking long in figuring something out. Something needs to be done today not in 4 years. Everything the sec needs is right in front of them but they could care less. Just wait until all of these hft's are questioned on capitol hill, its going to come sooner or later.

#23     Oct 11, 2010
  4. S2007S

S2007S

damn I am just finding this out now, who would have thought.

#24     Oct 11, 2010
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

I CANNOT wait to hear what their responses would be! That is if they are actually asked the RIGHT questions on the hill.

I also have come to believe that the SEC is so far out of touch, "if they wake up in the morning, tie their shoes and take a pi*s, I'm not happy, I'm amazed!"
    (Buford T. Justice, Smokey and the Bandit 1977)

#25     Oct 11, 2010
  6. Keep up the "Anti trading by a failed trader" posts EMR

LOL, if you only knew son. Of course, I doubt you pull any trigger other than your pud.

LEAPup...I agree..keep an eye on ddts, its a bi-product of Corn/ethn. It will be traded at the CBOT, If not already.

I Just raised 50 million for a Palm Oil manufacturing plant in Indonesia and they guys involved in that are some of the Top Guys at the CBOE. They are looking to make markets in the DDTS arena. I have yet the dig into following up on the DDTS trading but will in the next few months.

Physicals are where the smart money is going. So, you could see some great action in the next decade for Agis and Bio-products.

#26     Oct 11, 2010
  7. SEC has to prove that the HFTS are manipulating the market. Just because they are faster to the trigger via Computures is not a foundation for Manipulating. Because the HFTS had some "System" kick in that could have caused the Flash Crash is not foundation for Manipulation.

It's like using the old Tiki, Trin, rule. When the Tiki was 1000 people would go nuts. When Trin, Tiki was outa wack....traders had some indication of a move.

Same with the VIX.

So, unless the SEC can prove by definition of "Frontrunning", INside Trading, or some other form of manipulation. ..HFTs are the future of the DOW.....regardless of how many "wana" be daytraders cry about it.

#27     Oct 11, 2010
  8. EPrado

EPrado

You probably are right as public is usually wrong. But with the return on the SP getting better fund manangers are gonna have to participate.

I agree with you on The SEC. They are ridiculously slow at figuring things out and somewhat incompetent. Ban quotestuffing and get rid of sub-pennies. That'll help big time.

#28     Oct 11, 2010
  9. EPrado

EPrado

I know plenty ER. I watched your ridiculous act of bullshitting everyone at Schonfeld in Chicago. You were the laughingstock of that office for years.

Seems like some things never change..........Son.

#29     Oct 11, 2010
  10. according to winstontj, a renowned shill, there is nothing about hft that is untoward.

thats at least two words, maybe three , that the average ET reader will have to look up.

#30     Oct 11, 2010