Third and final interview at Swifttrade...any advice?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by e-stylz, Nov 30, 2006.

1. e-stylz

e-stylz

Can anyone tell me what the final interview will be like.
    Basically I had my first interview, then a second interview by email(answering questions about different scenarios), and now the final interview?

Any advice?

Thanks

2. LOL, I dunno if you realize but their requirements are not high. They don't pay you anything, only what you produce (of which they take a huge cut)

You're just a number to them, it's basic statistics. The whole prop firm model is, none strive to have even close to a 50% success rate.

3. e-stylz

e-stylz

Thanks for the response...

4. Bonpara

Bonpara

I do have to agree with Hydroblunt but in a different way. Ya the hiring standards a pretty low at prop-frims because of the high turnover but this is necessary to find good traders to fill their offices. All you need to show them (and in my early opinion all you need to do to make it) is hardcore determination. If you have that you should be fine.

5. It seems to me that the opportunity to trade without risk is a huge plus in the learning curve if you can come up with a way to support yourself for a few months.

6. qxr1011

qxr1011

Tell them: " Good-bye......."

7. Show some determination, discipline and that you are willing to learn.

I'm a little surprised that they'd go through 3 interviews, but I guess they are filtering their candidates a little more than they were here :p What branch is that ?

You can go ahead and disregard the nasty comments. If you start off your career by listening everything the railbirds are saying without checking it out for yourself, you'll miss out on a lot.

Cheers and good luck.

8. For a BM, it's all a numbers game. Each banch needs to churn through 100 trainees to get 1 decent trader. As long as you are aware of the basics of risk control, you'll get in. Some branches now charge for training so you might want to inquire about that. Try and make as many trades as possible and you'll learn much faster. Swifts trading system has more to do with execution speed than real directional trading. Much of it can be easily automated.

9. Ok this one is cool

NATIONAL BANK FINANCIAL.
    FX Traders/Pro Traders

National Bank Financial (NBF) - an established securities and wealth management firm - is looking for new or recent college and university grads to train as FX Traders in the short-term, with the goal of progressing to Pro Traders within a year. Candidates with up to 2 years experience in similar roles will also be considered.

http://search1.workopolis.com/jobsh...2&pi_sort=POST_DATE&pi_curjob=12&pi_maxjob=20

#10     Dec 3, 2006