ThinkScriptors -- since TOS terminated afterhours lounge support

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by stepandfetchit, May 18, 2017.

1. Recently TOS terminated their ThinkScript lounge after hours. No posts permitted.
    Does anyone know if a substitute forum popped up anywhere for ThinkScript interaction to fill this void?

I used it primarily after hours, since am typically busy with the market during trading hours. I do not think I am alone.
    Would be best if Mobius and some of the other heavy hitters were accessible again.

Note: posts on the forum, while open always get censored, so difficult to find out where folks went.

Regards,

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

There's a ton of smart people on this site, so I think you should just ask your specific ThinkScript questions here and see if you get the responses you are looking for. There's really nothing to lose by doing that.

athlonmank8 likes this.
  3. Can you recommend which forum would be most appropriate? Note: My experience has been most people here that respond, do so without comprehending the questions, so I'd like to improve the quality of responses by being more specialized in which forum, if possible.
    Questions related to ThinkScripting in TOS. (typically unintuitive tasks).

4. http://thinkscripter.com/community/index.php

5. toc

toc

6. While I can appreciate the visceral reaction to these kinds of posts, the OP is a genuine contributor to the ThinkScript community and should be treated as such.

Carry on.

7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Strategy Development

dartmus likes this.
  8. Didn't know they pulled the after hours forum . Why? Legal mumbo jumbo? Can't be money?

Was there abuse, hustling of other products, or the like?

There was never that many people in there, so the whole thing sounds extra lame.

9. Hi. I am trying to draw a horizontal line in Thinkscript starting in the 9:40AM bar that represents the highest hi of the first 10 minutes of NYSE trading. So for a 5 min charts of XYZ, a horizontal line for today AFTER the 9:40 bar would be the high from 9:30 to 9:40, for yesterday's 5m chart, a horizontal line would be drawn from 9:40 yesterday to 9:40 today, representing yesterdays 9:30-9:40 high. Here is my code and I would appreciate it if anyone can offer an idea how to fix it. I am getting a "Too early to access openhi at line 4:

Here is my code..
    def high1bb = high[1];
    plot openhi = If (SecondsFromTime(0940) == 0, openhi, Highest(high1bb, 2));