ThinkorSwim vs IB

Discussion in 'Options' started by Joel Reymont, Jun 4, 2012.

1. hajimow

hajimow

Another thing to consider:
    Why IB only charges about 1.5% for margin and almost all brokers charge between 7% to 10%? Are their money crispier or fresher?

#21     Jun 4, 2012
  2. TOS doesn't charge - well, it didn't charge - for closing sold options priced at .05 or less. Don't know if new folks w/TD are still getting that though.
    With every day that goes by, I think more and more that TOS's sale to TD was a huge misfortune for options traders.

#22     Jun 4, 2012
  3. hajimow

hajimow

For clarification, I should mention that IB does not charge any commission for closing 1 cent options be it sell to close or buy to close.

#23     Jun 4, 2012
  4. hajimow

hajimow

My trades yesterday and today (so far). They are all my option trades. they are not hand picked. Check out the one with zero commission.

#24     Jun 6, 2012
  5. Options12

Options12 Guest

hajimow, were the 100 contracts at BOX the result of an automatic liquidation?

If not, then why did you choose BOX (and pay more) when there were plenty of bids at that price elsewhere?

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance.

#25     Jun 6, 2012
  6. zdreg

zdreg

1. IB has a different business model.
    2. it shows you that wall street is still a club since they don't compete on margin rates.

instead of making a snide comment, you should probably write a letter to the department of justice, anti-monopoly division to start an investigation.

#26     Jun 6, 2012
  7. excel?

#27     Jun 6, 2012
  8. hajimow

hajimow

No. I slapped the bid and that is why I did not get a better commission.

#28     Jun 6, 2012
  9. hajimow

hajimow

1: and that is why I am with IB because I love that model.
    2- It is a free country and the brokers can charge as much as they wish. It is my responsibility not to give them the satisfaction.

#29     Jun 6, 2012
  10. hajimow

hajimow

last post on this thread. Another trade and I made over $13 in commission instead of paying.

#30     Jun 6, 2012