thinkorswim TOS platform not available for EU citizens?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Zarathustra, Mar 23, 2019.

1. I wanted to open a TOS account and found out that as a citizen of the European Union I am not eligible to open an account with TD Ameritrade.
    I just wanted to use the TOS platform for charting purposes. Not necessarily trade there.
    Any ideas? Does anyone have an unfunded TOS account which he doesn't need anymore?
    Thank you

zion likes this.
  2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Where do you want to trade? I would not say that TOS charts are the best part of their service? Very slow.

3. Peter10

Peter10

i have a TOS papermoney account that i have been using for more than 2 years now, all the charts are in real time. I currently use it as my main charting software

Zarathustra and Nobert like this.
  4. TOS has some other great features I am interested in like TOS on demand and Benzinga Squawk and some more. I am trading US-equities.

5. Thanks Peter. As far as I know their papermoney account last only 60 days and comes with delayed data if you dont have a live account. Curious how you have a papermoney account for 2 years with real time data?

6. Nobert

Nobert

Same here, best demo when compering with IB, DAS ( because of only 14 days trial ) or Ninja.

Edit,

Charting on mobile version works just great.

Peter10 likes this.
  7. How long do you have the TOS demo already and with realtime or delayed data?

8. Nobert

Nobert

So far almost for 2 months, trial time is 60 days, about to end.

Im not sure you know, is it a real time or delayed.

But for a peper trade and practice, that has no impact at all (?)

Mobile charting,

Sideways
    Screenshot_20190323-212751.png

Vertical
    Screenshot_20190323-212758.png

Positions
    Screenshot_20190322-213339.png

Trade screen
    Screenshot_20190323-213046.png

Tablet would be even better.

P.s

Im from EU, Netherlands,

Tho the only thing i had to do to prove It, was , nothing.
    That's for paper account, not sure about real one and different country, e.g Lithuania, was not allowed, even in EU.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    Zarathustra likes this.
  9. You can get real-time data on TOS paper trading if you call TDAmeritrade and ask for it.

Nobert and Zarathustra like this.
  10. Good to know. Thank you

#10     Mar 24, 2019