ThinkOrSwim Realtime for Canadians

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Smilingtrader, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Guys, I recently wrote in my thread asking how to get ThinkOrSwim Realtime for Canadians, but given the TD Ameritrade registration issue, this is a very important question for anyone not living in the US. I've already highlighted my question about this problem in a separate thread, but after many replies, no one helped me. I continued to search and found guys from Europe who were able to solve this problem. Please moderators do not take this thread as an advertisement, I have nothing to do with them, just share some useful information to help. And I found them on the famous forum Reddit. If you are also affected by this problem, I'll leave here a link to the forum, read it. There they also discuss this problem and not only in Canada, but also in other countries.

2. Metamega

Metamega

The problem as a Canadian is your broker has to be setup in Canada and follow Canadian regulations.

To access TOS you can go through TD Direct Investing, but at 9.99 u.s a trade it’s robbery.

3. I've been using ToS for quite a few years so I must have been grandfathered in at $5 per trade. I actually use ToS more as a realtime charting platform and not so much for trading. I really like the interface although there is a learning curve involved. I do most of my trading through IB due to the very low commissions.

4. otctrade

otctrade

You have to ask for the commission discount. They will give it to you if you do enough trades.

5. Agree I use TOS for charting as well as find it really good on that point but trade through a prop as more feasible for me due to large volume and access to all ECNs and darkpool network

6. Guys, I don't need to trade through the TDA, IB is enough for me, but when I was studying my mentor used very cool scanners and I liked the charts on ThinkorSwim. Therefore, I decided to look for how you can get real quotes on ThinkorSwim. And I want to draw your attention to the link to the reddit topic in my first post in this thread.