thinkorswim programming

Discussion in 'App Development' started by watchdaride, Feb 15, 2018.

1. I asked TOS support with a similar question before. It is not possible to generate SMS with TOS code. It is by design, otherwise TOS risks paying for millions of SMS, too easy to write code that generate endless SMS.

#11     Feb 15, 2018
  2. begottii

begottii

Im looking for thinkscript information and sample text ect. If any one can point me in the right direction. Thank you

#12     Feb 17, 2018
  3. yes i confirmed with TOS you cant do sms with custom scripts. I informed the guy who made my script he said there lying .

#13     Feb 17, 2018
  4. Hello everyone,

I'm Shawn from Patternsmart.com.

I think it's necessary to explain what really happened.

This person "watchdaride" requested our service at 2018-02-14 , the following is his original request, clearly "email" or "SMS" was never mentioned.

"i am coming from esignal so not sure what thinkorswim can do . Can you make an indicator that alerts when a candle changes to opposite from previous candle . SO when candle closes and the previous one was solid and this one is clear it will alert me with sound and text .see image attach . That is a esignal . but do want it for thinkorswim . How much would that cost ?"

After I sent him the code, he replied: "i am getting the alert sound but no text .In the alert should there a box for sms alert . email . See images ".

Then I replied to him: "Please check "How to setup email and SMS alerts in Thinkorswim TOS", it's a link from our website: http://www.patternsmart.com/cart/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=22 "

His reply: "i want a refund . Scripts can send out emails or text . thinkorswim told me that . And that was a request in the order but i am sure you know that . SO please credit back my paypal the $50 ."

My reply:"I already sent you the link of how to get sms/email alert from TOS.
    I never said TOS cannot send sms/email alert, because TOS CAN DO THAT."

His reply:"Well tos help desk and 5 other people confirmed it . Scripts cannot send sms . So you're either a novice or a scammer . I will spread the word so you don't scam any one else "

I also sent him the thinkorswim official link of "How do I get alerts e-mailed to me?"
    http://tlc.thinkorswim.com/center/faq/tools.html#q_019

Obviously his logic is inconstant, he didn't request "email" or "SMS" alert at the beginning, and used that as an excuse to charge back and defame us. But I still tried to help him to get the email alert even he didn't request, then he suddenly changed his mind since he confirmed TOS cannot send email alert which made me speechless (I have created many TOS scripts that send email alert for customers all over the world. Nobody ever had any problem.)

I was really confused about what he really wanted, to get my service done and charge back by using a ridiculous reason and slander us?

To "watchdaride", I think $50 is no big deal to either of us, if there was any misunderstanding I could still help you with your request.

#14     Feb 18, 2018
  5. . Instead of saying tos custom scripts cant text/sms you give me a BS excuse . Money dont mean shit to me . Just dont like people coming across as professionals that once they get payment they dont fix there errors . I have moved on .You should too ,many suckers like me out there

#15     Feb 18, 2018
  6. Why would I tell you "tos custom scripts cant text/sms"?

Just to tell you one more time, Thinkorswim is able to send alert to email and SMS.

#16     Feb 18, 2018
  7. Hello there, I'm looking for a particular scan which i'm hoping you can help me with. I would like to know if it is possible to receive an audible alert when a stock makes a vertical move to get to within 50 cents of the 200 day simple moving average. It seems like thinkorswim only has moving average crossovers available but I want to be alerted before it crosses over not after. Please keep in mind that I don't want stocks that are slowly grinding towards the moving average but the ones that have made a vertical move to get there from either direction. I want stocks that are fast approaching the 200 daily SMA from above or below. Please let me know if this would be possible. Thank you in advance.

#17     Mar 12, 2019
  8. TOS wont text email on custom scripts

#18     Mar 26, 2019
  9. It doesn't necessarily have to be an sms. Just any type of audible alert if possible. If not, then I'll be more than happy to just settle for the scan code

#19     Mar 26, 2019
  10. timdug

timdug

Hi All,
    As some of you may or may not know, Pete Haha from Hahn Tech is a trading programmer/ quant. He writes custom code for Sierra Chart, Thinkorswim and other platforms. I have used his services a few times and he is the nicest guy, always good work output and obliging.
    He is on hard times with his health and has setup a GoFundMe page to try and cover his medical expenses. I have donated a small amount as have done some customers and friends of his.
    I thought that we could rattle around on here and free up some change out of all of our pockets. Whats $25 bucks guys and girls. I think its deductible also for US citizens.

https://www.gofundme.com/pete-hahn-2019-medical-expenses

Hope that we could help Pete Out.

#20     Apr 2, 2019