Thinkorswim problem

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Capablanca79, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Smells like a .dll incompatibility issue.

#31     Mar 26, 2017
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

Its a new computer?
    This is painfully simple....I know you said you turned off Avast.... but go in and make sure windows firewall is off.
    Also go to "run" and type in "security essentials" open MSFT securiy essentials and make sure "real time protection" is unchecked.
    I don't know how they ship it from the factory but wtf... take a look at both of them.

#32     Mar 26, 2017
  3. I dont have MSFT securiy essentials installed. And i have tried to turn off the windows firewall but it still didnt work.

#33     Mar 27, 2017
  4. @Capablanca79 - I forgot to ask the obvious - have you contacted TOS support? did they have anything to say other than to reboot and to clear cache?

#34     Mar 27, 2017
  5. Yes they had plenty to say but I have tried everything they suggested.

Next thing to do is to call them and talk to their tech support live.
    I think i will do that tomorrow.
    But its a little bit hard when english is your third language.

And after all the things i have tested i have little faith in them solving it.

#35     Mar 27, 2017
  6. @Capablanca79 - if you still don't have it working, PM me your email address and I can connect to you and probably get that resolved.

#36     Mar 27, 2017
  7. tangocash

tangocash

@j_medved can you help me? i got same problem, tried everything.

#37     Oct 31, 2018
  8. @tangocash - been a while since this thread got posted, remind me, what is your problem? TOS freezing or something else? I can try helping but email us - support@medvedtrader.com and include this post's URL and I can try to help

#38     Oct 31, 2018
  9. kandlekid

kandlekid

If you click on the "p" in "Updates" of the "Installing Updates" screen, you'll get a running log of what TOS is downloading, etc. This might help you isolate the problem.

#39     Oct 31, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  10. silver182

silver182

Try loading on another computer....I've got three you must have another....

#40     Nov 1, 2018