thinkorswim "ondemand"

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by sherko, Jul 29, 2012.

1. sherko

sherko

i'm willing to pay $50 a month for anyone not using their thinkorswim with the "ondemand" feature to do backtesting ,the account must not be active cause i'll be using it a lot just for the purpose of seeing historical data ,i won't be using the account in any other way ,other than implementing and testing strategies .

please PM me or Email me to discuss it further if you're willing to do it

thanks

2. piezoe

piezoe

Thinkorswim has no account minimum, though there are minimums for opening certain types of accounts. Why not just open an account! You can always close it again later, though it would cost you $75 to do so unless you actively trade the account.

3. sherko

sherko

TD ameritrade makes it difficult for foreigners to open an account ,they require that i have a certain type of paperwork that is going to take months to get in place .

4. piezoe

piezoe

Oh!

5. piptek

piptek

Why will you struggle to pay $50.00/month with a most garbage buggy software. Unless you have other plan to get in someone's real time account. Because ondemand works only on realtime funded account. I would suggest go and download ninjatrader or sierra chart and use replay utility. Both works great. Sierra chart trial expire after 15 days, before trial expires I advise you to download the data and practice even after trial expires. They are more responsive and accurate than thinkorswim.

6. And why are you reactivating a 4 year old thread?

7. henricks

henricks

I'm seeking the same feature for make backtesting manually. I'm a foreign and i can't to open a thinkorswim account. I tried ninjatrader and sierra chart but isn't the same like thinkonswim ondemand.

I'm looking for any alternative. Do you if tradestation have this feature?

thank you

8. Hi, Rent Thinkorsim here https://radchenkovy.com/en/thinkorswim-live-realtime-account/

sherko likes this.
  9. Hi sherko. OnDemand is a great tool for working out a strategy. I use it myself sometimes. If it’s still relevant, it’s cheaper to get a live TOS account for technical analysis with full functionality.

10. How great would it be if you could go back in time and learn from your past mistakes? Maybe you would have taken that job offer, married your high school sweetheart, or passed on drinking that expired milk?

Of course, reliving the past is just a fantasy, right? Well, not with thinkorswim OnDemand, a powerful stock backtesting tool available on the TD Ameritrade thinkorswim trading platform. It lets you replay past trading days to evaluate your trading skill with historical data.

That’s right. The tool has recorded virtually each market tick, so you can backtest stock, forex, futures—you can even backtest options trading strategies—all the way back to December 2009. You can even see Level II quotes (essentially the NASDAQ order book). It’s all waiting for you in OnDemand.
    Cool, right?

#10     Apr 20, 2022