thinkorswim now has free S&P 500 futures pit squawk

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Tom B, Nov 2, 2009.

1. somehow, seems like the pit is a small fraction of the trading of the electronic. Something like a horsefly on a dog...

#21     Nov 4, 2009
  2. The big contract, combined with the pit hedged emini's should amount for a pretty big portion of the overall trading....

I'll see if I can get some numbers....might be hard to break out all the electronic trading done by floor traders using their clerks etc. however...

Don

#22     Nov 4, 2009
  3. boid-dog

boid-dog

Don't forget to multiply the the ES x 5 to equal 1 SP (whereas it used to be 10). Why pay more if you're going to buy large? (not that I would know first hand) They introducded the $25 electronic Dow; I think that most locals and seasoned electronic trades would have preferred a $10 contract.

I haven't seen the floor lately but when bond pit started drying up many traders migrated to grains as volitility picked up--this was a few years ago.

[I have no affiliation with anybody except being within elbow rubbing distance of a few bigshots]

Just kidding whoever posted that comment. I happen to agree with you but it's difficult to avoid Don Bright in trading circles, and I've only actually talked with him once!

#23     Nov 4, 2009