Thinkorswim Hidden Size Indicator

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Diego443, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Diego443

Diego443

Hi traders,

I am trading momentum stocks and thought about this awesome feature to have some kind of indicator for actual size measured on the level 2 instead of showing size:1 continuously, meaning a hidden buy....

The idea of showing is to show it right next to the market maker that was left with hidden size like:

ARCA 1 (200) $1.2 --------Number in brackets represents actual size measured...

It is really annoying that we cant play around with the level 2 a bit more..

Best of greetings from Germany...

Diego

pengwu550 likes this.
  2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Do you mean like this:Lightspeed Trader
    upload_2017-1-14_5-36-25.png
    Or this:Silexx OEMS
    upload_2017-1-14_5-38-2.png
    Or this: Sterling Trader Pro
    upload_2017-1-14_5-41-4.png

Diego443 likes this.
  3. wartrace

wartrace

I don't trade equities myself but it seems as if you are using the wrong broker/data feed. As Mr. Morse points out there are brokers that provide level 2 data.

I trade the 6E futures and even the level 2 data doesn't give you a complete picture. It is very helpful but not complete. A large trader is not going to show his hand by entering his entire order on the limit. If he wants to buy he will do a refreshing order and you WILL NOT SEE IT until you notice an abnormal number of market orders hitting with no movement.

I think that "awesome indicator" you are looking for is called "the tape". :D