thinkorswim for stock trading?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Bronce, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Bronce

Bronce

bpl1000, do AMTD have web trading?

(I couldnt find it on their web. Looks like they only have command center which has to be downloaded.)

???

#21     Oct 22, 2007
  2. bpl1000

bpl1000

I think they do, yes.

#22     Oct 22, 2007
  3. Bronce

Bronce

in your experience, can you comment on execution of market orders with AMTD? had any problems or all cool?

I am looking for a stock broker for my swing strategies (holding period from a few weeks to a few months). Schwab and AMTD are the ones I am looking to.

#23     Oct 22, 2007
  4. jebara

jebara Guest

I think your two choices are TOS or IB. I use IB, and recommended TOS to less experiences traders, or younger traders, who dont fit IB'S age requirements. Sure there is a price difference, but its neglible. Try them out see which u like, both have demo's.

#24     Oct 22, 2007
  5. With out DOM, TOS loses hands down.

#25     Oct 23, 2007
  6. saatfj

saatfj

is that Dombrokers.com?

#26     Oct 23, 2007
  7. TOS seems the way to go for options trading.

Unless you're trading several thousand contracts a month, IB just costs way too much.

After looking on IB website, they have a minimum of 2,000 USD a month in commissions so If I'm only trading a couple hundred options a month, then that would be 1,500 (approx) down the drain for nothing. And IB wants a deposit of 10,000 for the first five months just to make sure they get their fee. Screw that.

#27     Oct 27, 2007
  8. def

def Sponsor

incorrect, 2000 US minimum in the account - not 2K min in commission. not sure where you get the 10K idea from either.

#28     Oct 27, 2007