thinkorswim DDE for Excel

Discussion in 'Options' started by sync, Feb 18, 2009.

1. sync

sync

Is it possible to have TOS DDE get the symbol by referencing another cell? That way when I enter a new iron condor position I would only have to type the symbols in 4 cells instead of 4 x 8 = 32 cells.

2. It's been a while since I brushed up on iron condors but are they not 4 legged positions which mean u need 4 cells to contain the OPRA symbol? Unless you mean a cell for
    tos|bid|opra,
    tos Ask|opra,etc. Then u can use tos| mark|OPRA instead of bid/ask which cuts it down even more.

Your best bet is to use VBA or VB and manipulate the cells and replicate the opra symbols u need programatically.

3. sync

sync

How would you use VBA to do that?

Instead of the cells containing =TOS|DELTA!'.RUWCE', =TOS|GAMMA!'.RUWCE', etc

I want to use =TOS|DELTA!$B1, =TOS|GAMMA!$B1, etc

4. C99

C99

Check if they have an RTD server instead or use VBA. 99% sure you can't use cell reference in DDE formula.

5. danno82

danno82

What you are trying to do and can't in Excel can be done with OpenOffice Calc. It is free. Or you can bang the heck out of your head trying to write VBA code or whatever to get microsoft to do your bidding. Good luck.

6. sync

sync

I've decided to do none of the above and not use TOS DDE at all.