thinkorswim buffering

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by samiotis, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Sssssssssssss. A little louder in the right ear that generally faced the drums.

#11     Jan 19, 2018
  2. precision M6500.jpg
    That is my biggest problem with TOS unresponsiveness today it used 540MB in 2 hours from launch to full backfill on a normal day 300MB all day

#12     Jan 19, 2018
  3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

#13     Jan 19, 2018
  4. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

to repeat....

Windows Task Manager
    Resource Manager

both available in Windows 7.

o_O

#14     Jan 19, 2018
  5. dude my tos using 1.5 GIG!!!!! and runs fine

#15     Jan 19, 2018
    gkishot likes this.
  6. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Similarly, my IB/TWS cruizes along at 2.0g, including Windoze7 and 5 graphs. I think if I tried to squeeze it into 500mb of RAM, it'd laugh at me....
    http://www.youareanidiot.org/

#16     Jan 19, 2018
  7. I got ib , tos, and medved running on W7 with 8 gig

no problem

not to mention my own excel stuff, browsers, twitter, etc

but then again, I'm the man

I should sell a clone of my setup for $25k

#17     Jan 19, 2018
  8. SkyChef

SkyChef

At logged in screen, click on the bottom left gear and set memory usage to 1024-3072 MB to see if the problem still persists. During trading hours, click on help to monitoring memory usage bar chart. If the bar chart keeps going down past the middle of the screen, you have some issues in processing the data. Check your task manager to see if you have any tasks hogging the CPU then eliminate those.
    You can also call TDA and their tech can access your computer remotely to figure out what's wrong there.

#18     Jan 19, 2018
  9. I never mention memory please read before posting the word is 2 GB of DATA usege.

I knottiest the buffering is compounded if I click on several symbols wit out waiting for the chart to populate yesterday after hours it used 2 GB of data and dint get to trade, today after 3 hours in the morning and 700 MB of data I was able to trade now after the bell is stuck on AMZN 500+ MB and nothing is moving.

#19     Jan 19, 2018
  10. Why not just move to something like Windows 10 and use NVM'e or so, why do you still using software which is already like 10 years old or so, I think it could be some issue with that. Really I am on Windows 10 1903 and all runs damn fine with it.

#20     Jun 21, 2019