thinkorswim behind firewall?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by dis, Mar 1, 2006.

1. dis

dis

Hello,

Did anyone manage to use the ToS desktop software behind a firewall and, if yes, how?

Thanks,
    dis

2. MTE

MTE

Contact TOS tech support, they are in the best position to help you and they will, so why waste time posting it here!?

3. Dis -- bag TOS and their ticket charges. IB is the only place to trade retail. They also have a webtrader app for trading behind a firewall.

4. MTE

MTE

Riskarb,

I respectfully disagree. If you do some reasonable volume you can get the ticket charge dropped.

5. I haven't used them in years, but have heard they will waive ticket charges. They are lacking in breadth of product when compared to IB.

6. MTE

MTE

True, they are expanding the base though. Got e-mini index futures, plans to add more futures later on in the year.....

Anyway, I'm not looking to start a debate about which one is better, both got their pros and cons, it's just a matter of preference.

7. dis

dis

Unlike IB, TOS has a very nice options analysis software. Unfortunately, it is not accessable through the webtrader.

To answer my own question: it is possible to access the ToS app running on one's home computer with the Windows Remote Desktop client and HTTP Tunneling software. I used one from Loophole Software that also works with the TWS.