thinkorswim acquired by ameritrade.

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by gaj, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Well the irony is that Thinkorswim was acquired for 606 million, while Penson's market cap is less than 150 million.

Ameritrade was most likely only interested in the branding, and thought they could obtain a decent platform in the acquisition as well.

Ameritrade's business however is limited to stocks and options, so it may end up being a decent deal for them provided the economic situation doesn't continue to decline at an accelerated rate.

#181     Mar 29, 2009
  2. Well that explains everything so well:
    WITH ALL THAT MONEY Sosnoff and the boys are off to Tahiti to trade in the market of bikinis, so say goodbye to them and also to great tech and customer support. Thinkscript has died, and now I wonder about the API that was promised.

#182     Mar 29, 2009
  3. nlslax

nlslax

I thought TOS meets the commish rates of most online brokers, apparently that seems to have changed. I called and spoke w/one of their reps about a month ago and was told they would go as low as $.50 per contract on spreads.

I was told on Friday they expect someone to be doing at least 2000 contracts per month to qualify for their lowest rates.

https://www.thinkorswim.com/tos/myAccounts/displayRates.tos

#183     May 26, 2009
  4. I wait the API ... !!

#184     May 27, 2009