Thinking Right - Joel Osteen

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by gotta_trade, Jan 28, 2011.

1. a thinking person might ask themselves. why would a god care if i make money on a trade when he will stand by and let 25000 people will die of starvation today?

#21     Jan 30, 2011
  2. Futures being a zero sum game. The guy who prays the hardest or best or how ever you guys judge your praying skills, wins. So when a trade doesn't go your way just realize the guy on the other side of your trade had a better connection with God. Yeehaw. Thank you Jesus, I just scored a touchdown.

#22     Jan 30, 2011
  3. =================
    Wow NasdaQQQ;
    finally found something we disagree on-YOU call Houston TX ''country''?????:D

And while i respectfully with you Ee;
    why should a preacher or Rabbi not get paid very well????[As long as its disclosed, not that all should get paid like King Solomon]

:D

#23     Feb 1, 2011
  4. 1) ?.....I think you're referring to "me". :confused:
    2) I said what I did as somebody who has never been to Houston let alone anywhere in Texas. :) :(
    3) Country-fried chicken or steak for lunch sounds good right now to deal with the looming blizzard that I'll have my hands full with for a few days. :cool:

#24     Feb 1, 2011
  5. I agree with you on that. Optimism contributes a lot to the good outcome of any endeavor.

#25     Feb 5, 2011
  6. timbo

timbo

It's ironic that knowledge complicates matters, but science wants to simplify it. Being fruitful has a meaning.

#26     Feb 5, 2011
  7. I find him very impressive. He gives those long sermons without any notes or teleprompter, from what I can tell.

I'm not an expert on NLP, but from what I know of it, his message tends to lean heavily on it. For example, the concept that how you deal with something is dependent upon how you characterize it to yourself.

#27     Feb 5, 2011
  8. jem

jem

I think he is part of a big trend of the the selling out of the true Gospel.

I note in many of the non demnominational churches they take all the religious symbols out of the sanctuary.

then some churches read the gospel and teach right out of the old or new testament.

others take Tony Robbins, Napolean Hill and NLP concepts and preach psychology and self improvement. Then they sprinkle in an out of context bible quote now and then, so you show up on Sundays.

Personally, I think the psychology stuff is for preachers who don't really know or understand the Word. If you know the Word or read the bible there is no need for psychology in your spiritual life.

The old baggage should be tossed out. The old guilt should be gone. by knowing the Word, you may even clearly see your priorities, order your life and most impressively know the peace of God.

you may find the pychology or NLP guys helpful in your business side but to me all that stuff is second or third tier derivative compared to the real thing.

thats my opinion, I am not saying you have to agree.

#28     Feb 5, 2011
  9. ================
    Nasdaqqq;
    exactly, on number 1 . Started to say i spelled Nasdaqqq corectly,
    but they changed the triple qqqs to quad qqqqs.LOL

Jem;
    Agree partly on Gospel big trend,
    But a big point, he doesnt sell the gospel,
    its free[Not that the TV time is free] , but the presentation is free.

I wish they would advertise more ;
    as much as commercial TV does , but thats just me:D

#29     Feb 9, 2011