Thinking of throwing in the towel

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nursebee, Apr 10, 2012.

1. fk1028

fk1028

>....is this is a fool's game?

Yes, it is definitely a fool's game. I have gone thru what you described (and a lot more) and I can give you the following advise -

* You think there is a 'mentor' out there that can make $$ for you - you are wrong. If the 'mentor' knows how to can make $$, why he/she has to do it for you? If I have a way to make sure $$, I would not tell you.

* Today's stock market is not an investment, it is a gamble. Are you a gambler?

* Mutual funds are not insured. There are enough traps set by crooks out there that will kill you before the market does.

* A lot of very famous fund managers go broke and/or go to jail.

* Very few fund managers can beat S&P (for you), They win all the time disregard what happen to you because they charge you fees.

* Do not buy single stocks - long or short.

* This is the one tip I can share with you to make $$ and it works for me - TURN OFF YOUR TV WHEN YOUR ARE MAKING TRADING DECISIONS.

* If you listen to experts like Jim Cramer for example, you'll lose your shirt. These experts try to make a living by telling you they can see the future.

* Do your own research - they are all on the Internet.

* Only 'gamble' with what you can afford to lose.

* Fall off the horse? Get back up and do it again.

* There is a solution out there that fits your style and limits. Go find it.

#51     Apr 14, 2012
  2. Paddler

Paddler

:confused:

#52     Apr 14, 2012
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

look again

#53     Apr 14, 2012
  4. ocean5

ocean5

:D

#54     Apr 14, 2012
  5. I know Jack is not advocating strict CANSLIM, but it would be worth any individual investors time to check out the performance of AAII's CANSLIM models over the last 10 + years.

I still think asset rotation is easier but CANSLIM works and so do other strategies based on relative strength of stocks and other criteria (see Kirkpatrick).

#55     Apr 14, 2012
  6. Paddler

Paddler

I think this is what he meant, hehe.

#56     Apr 15, 2012
  7. Paddler

Paddler

I am getting bored with JHM stuff. Any advice where to read up asset rotation. :p

#57     Apr 15, 2012
  8. ocean5

ocean5

Haha..cmon cut this bolshet will you,most maney in SCT and you don have an unlimited cap.Though I'd like to know about ssr more,too.

#58     Apr 15, 2012
  9. Tim946

Tim946

You only need one system and only one that works That shows the cycles in the market. The market makers are the ones taking your money the whole market works off fib cycles. Find the fib cycle along with the week cycle and you can day trade, add volume to it as a confirmation. The best entries are the Asian session exit the American session. The cycle started on Sunday, completes on Friday there will always be a mid week high or low. There is so much more news roll over trickery. I can send some picks to show how it works

#59     Apr 15, 2012

10. +1

#60     Apr 15, 2012